PDA

View Full Version : Scandinavian fly-in

Fly Stimulator
8th Mar 2004, 18:02
I noticed this in one of the magazines - a fly-in in Norway (http://www.gap.no/index.php?id=94) from May 19 - 23rd.

It looks great. Anybody here been to one of the previous ones, or planning to go this year?

I'm very seriously tempted.

cblinton@blueyonder.
8th Mar 2004, 18:16
Looks good:ok:

I will give that some serious thought!
Have to fill the bird up to make it worthwhile me thinks.

M609
10th Mar 2004, 00:42
Starmoen (the field) is certainly a nice place. Both a long asphalt runway, an a wide grass one. The people there are very nice, even greeted a visiting atco with plans of becoming a glider pilot well! ;)

A trip will give you chance to see a lot of nice scenery, and social bit is said to bee great. :=

LN-ATC
20th Apr 2004, 00:08
I've never been to Starmoen myself, but fellow aviators say Starmoen is great! So, this year, my plan is to stay there from the very beginning to the very end. It only depends on my boss really, since I have to take a couple of days off from work...

So far, 175 pilots/passengers, 87 Norwegian aircraft, 5 Swedish and 1 British (East Sussex) have registered for the fly-in.

Last year Starmoen had an average of 500 daily movements during the fly-in. That's more or less the same numbers as Oslo Gardermoen (Norway's main airport) has.

Aileron Roll
20th Apr 2004, 06:29
Wonderfull place to visit....... just be very prepared for the price of beer !

Fly Stimulator
21st Apr 2004, 21:38
I've just taken the plunge and registered for this. I plan to route from the UK to Lelystad in The Netherlands and then on through Germany, Denmark and Sweden to Norway.

It is perhaps a tad more remote than the average PPRuNe fly-in venue, but if anybody else is interested then please let me know.

I shall start saving for the beers now. :ooh:

Fly Stimulator
12th May 2004, 22:13
I don't know whether there's an official figure for what constitutes a quorum for a PPRuNe fly-in, but since it turns out that all the aircraft going to the Starmoen fly-in from Britain are flown by inhabitants of this forum then I think it has to count, even though there are in fact only two of us!

I'm setting off on Saturday, weather permitting, and if all goes well I hope to end up with a good contribution for the flying videos thread.

NO7BCM
12th May 2004, 22:44
:sad:

There's a miniscule chance there'll be three, depending on the progress of a sickly aeroplane.