PDA

View Full Version : women at college

sla
7th Mar 2004, 07:07
Can anyone tell me what proportion of the trainees are women?

Also, what do you think NATS' views are on women applying who already have children, would this be seen as a plus point or a negative? (I know that officially this isn't allowed to make a difference, but I get the impression that NATS isn't too bothered about being PC).

flower
7th Mar 2004, 17:42
I couldn't tell you what the proportion of male to female trainees are , however NATS is most definitely not a discriminatory employer.

The days of the dinosaurs have long since gone and as a woman your prospects are as good as you wish to make them.

Being a trainee with children is hard whether or not you are male or female, your time is taken up with a considerable amount of study and long times away from home, either doing On The job training or holding for the start of a course.

We need crèche facilities made available but apart from that as a woman I can make no negative remarks against NATS and their equal opportunities policies

side-saddled
7th Mar 2004, 19:43
When I was on my Aerodrome course, there was a woman on that course who had two children before she started.
I don't think NATS were too bothered about that and if anything, it helped her to get the posting she wanted once she'd left the college.

There was also another girl who got pregnant during another course I was on, and it gave her leverage to get the posting she wanted too.

Most of the people at the top of the tree in the college are now women and are probably more understanding than a fella would be.

Barnaby the Bear
9th Mar 2004, 18:27
It wasn't me!!!!!!!!:}