PDA

View Full Version : Abu Dhabi Contract

caniplaywithmadness
7th Mar 2004, 00:58
I heard that the successful bidder would be announced yesterday, anybody know who won?

Will NATS be looking for controllers to move out to sunnier climes? or will SERCO continue to run the show in the UAE?

Bright-Ling
7th Mar 2004, 01:01
Ever heard of TU(PE) regulations?

Even if NATS get the contract don't expect a mass exodus.

Anyway - Dubai will become a new Grade 6 unit - given the new complexity formula and close proximity to WMD..... perhaps.

B-L

P.S. Feckin Irish........!!!!!http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/pfohnmacht.gif

caniplaywithmadness
7th Mar 2004, 01:10
B-L,

TUPE doesn't apply to undertakings outside the UK, so if NATS did win the contract, they would have the option to keep some/all/none of the staff currently in post and then move their own out.

I would assume that they would at least want their own management structure out there, including WM's and DWM's along with a few OJTI's,

Minesapint
7th Mar 2004, 01:31
Maybe not. They would probably keep just about everyone and see how things run. They will probably replace a couple of senior managers but that's about it.

Turn It Off
7th Mar 2004, 01:53
If NATS do get it then I would love to go out.

My tan needs topping up!!

It looks like another whitewash however for Serco - Surely thats a monopoly now ?? ;o)

caniplaywithmadness
8th Mar 2004, 00:12
I'm with you there Turn It Off, I quite fancy the idea of a few years of tax free living in the sunshine of the Middle East:cool: