PDA

View Full Version : Backpacker Express, Melbourne, Aus.

PUNM
5th Mar 2004, 07:16
A few months ago there was a post detailing the start up of 'Backpacker Express'. Their website, which at the time was 'under construction', has now vanished and I feel as though I imagined the whole thing. Am I going mad?

victor two
5th Mar 2004, 10:37
I acn't comment on the condition of the website but I read an article in The Australian Newspaper an few Fridays ago concerning this company. I believe that some ex senior qantas pilot and a few airline execs from European LCC backgrounds are going to operate a couple of 767s ( I think they said 767s) on routes between the UK and eastern Australia. The aircraft will be set up with " pub style" interiors and punters will be served burgers and meat pies for inflight tucker. They can also buy all sorts of beers at the onboard pub. Who would have thought huh?
Anyway, the flights are aimed strictly at backpackers and other global gypsies who's idea of a great holdiay is to share a moth infested room with twenty other blokes, backpack chained to their ankle, cash deposit paid up on their pillow case, showering at the local petrol station to save a few bucks so they can squeeze in another tour somewhere.
Good luck to them anyway. They will probably make a billion dollars out of it.

cheers

Vic

Liffy
5th Mar 2004, 11:19
Will they be hiring for the 767. I could dust off me old rating!

squire
5th Mar 2004, 11:23
Nah I think they gonna lose their shirts on that one. The "Pub" should be fun in turbulence!:}

BAE146
5th Mar 2004, 16:25
Lose their shirts on that - have a look at THIS ! (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=121096)