PDA

View Full Version : Booker

Dr Jekyll
5th Mar 2004, 02:09
Is Wycombe air park a good place to rent from? Or is it better to wander down to White Waltham?

Any views or experiences?

Aussie Andy
5th Mar 2004, 07:03
I could not recommend Wycombe - in particular British Airways Flying Club - highly enough: first class professional environment and excellent, well maintained fleet (same is true for Wycombe Air Centre AFAIK). Last time I checked it was cheaper at Wycombe in terms of annual membership fees.

However, Waltham is reputed to have a better club atmosphere generally (nice bar - poor service).

Hope this helps,

Andy

Phoenix09
5th Mar 2004, 16:00
I would strongly recommend White Waltham. The service in the bar is now excellent under the new caterers. They have a good fleet of aeroplanes which is constantly being updated with good availability. Whilst possibly not the cheapest around they have put a lot of work into improving facilities. It does have a good club atmosphere with regular events put on for members. Check out the website here. (http://www.wlac.co.uk/)

Brooklands
5th Mar 2004, 23:56
Dr Jekyll,

I wholeheartedly agree with Aussie Andy (having read the WHOLE of his fisrt sentence:D ). I've been a member of Wycombe Air Centre for nearly twelve years, and am, unsurprisingly, very happy with them. The fleet includes three fairly new 172s (2 172S 1 172R) as well as some not so new A/C.

Why don't you give them a call and arrange to come over and look the place over (you could visit the BA club at the same time).

I'd offer to show you around, but I'll be away for the next couple of weekends

Brookland