PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Basher - The Future

Circuit Basher
3rd Mar 2004, 23:31
May as well let my fellow PPRuNers in Private Flying know that the next few months will be a time of BIG changes for CB & Mrs CB.

As of today, I've been offered (and am proposing to accept) a job in Essex (Southend area) (bit of a change from the delights of Scotland!). That's the easy bit! :D

What hasn't been announced particularly publicly is the fact that Mrs CB is 'in the family way' with our first sprog, due around end May 04 (still trying to identify the father, but that's a different story!! ;)).

I am being asked to start the new job soonest (but it's likely to be around end Apr).

Our property in Dorset (which is currently rented out) may well be used as the operations base for the CB menagerie and I'm likely to commute weekly to work.

CB is likely to disappear below the radar horizon during this period of change (but I'll still be 'lurking' and may well pop up of properly baited or a good flyin appears likely!!). I will be looking to find some way of continuing my flying - I have a share in a PA28 at Bournemouth, which is half lapsed, but I may well take up again.

This is not goodbye (yet), but there may be PMs issued to those who I think may be able to point me in the right direction for a source of rented accommodation in Sarfend, etc.

I'm coming home, boys and girls!!

Was wondering about a 'Fly Out' for Scottish PPRuNers, so that we could have a mini meeting!! May have to think about that!! :D

Right - I'm off to go and complete my IMC course over the next few days at Kinloss, so will be off PPRuNe for a few days! Play nicely, kiddies! :D

cblinton@blueyonder.
4th Mar 2004, 00:09
Big congratulations CB:ok:

I am sure Scotland will miss you, let me know when the party is!!

Hey, you could have a beach party in sarfend and invite me!! or I could always CRASH it:confused:

All the best with your new mods!!:E

Pink_aviator
4th Mar 2004, 00:49
Just as I am about to return to Scotland ,you are bolting south .

UMMMMP.

Good luck with the new job ,and the sleepless nights .
tee hee

from your
pinky PINKSTER

TangoZulu
4th Mar 2004, 06:31
Well CB thats a bit of a surprise !!

Does that mean you will be back in Dorset for weekends (and let out) for fun and games with the LBFs?

Must talk to you about the PA28 and shares etc as I am wondering about a share in something for myself - so some thoughts on experiences etc would be useful.

Hope to see you sometime soon

ATB

TZ

bar shaker
4th Mar 2004, 16:00
CB

If I am not very much mistaken, your shiny new office is in what was this field.

CB's office? (http://www.multimap.com/map/photo.cgi?client=public&x=587000&y=189000&scale=25000&width=700&height=410&multimap.x=198&multimap.y=273)

Notice that bit of black stuff in the top right hand corner?

You have arrived in aviation heaven!! If you get an office on the north east side of the building, you will be able to watch planes landing and taking off all day. When work finishes, go flying and be in the air in 30 minutes. Flights after work, even flights before work. You could look out of the window and watch them fuelling up your Warrior, ready for the evenings sortie.

Good luck in the new job

:D

BS

BRL
4th Mar 2004, 18:27
So much good news flying about these days its great....!!!!
Good luck and congratulations with everything going on. Means we must have a bash in Bournmouth sometime, barby on the beach and all that............:ok:

Penguina
6th Mar 2004, 00:24
Congrats Circuit Basher, especially on the imminent sprog!

Maybe you'll come to one of our London bashes and see the seahorse impression in person sometime. :O

Circuit Basher
9th Mar 2004, 16:53
Bar Shaker - sorry, you are very much mistaken!! :D Keep going east until your feet start getting wet and there is the sound of very loud bangs!! ;)

Thanks for all the best wishes. Life over the next few months will be interesting to say the least!

TZ - you've got it in one! Interesting thing is that I'm due a 4 yearly review on my 7257 on 1 May 04 - that just ain't going to happen and I need to plead for a few months grace! Otherwise I'll just chuck it in the nearest bin 'coz I ain't going back to Square one after having had it for 23 yrs!! :D Will get in touch once the plan becomes clearer - at the moment, there are so many conflicting demands and constraints that there is no option that keeps everyone happy.

PS Got most of my IMC done - there was no examiner available yesterday, so need to go back next week to do a revision session, dummy test and then hopefully the test!

bar shaker
9th Mar 2004, 17:31
That sounds like D138 then.

The glass box on 06 is RBS new headquarters, which is currently being filled with people from north of the border. Just a bit different :O