PDA

View Full Version : How long to go through selection??

tired-flyboy
3rd Mar 2004, 06:32
:confused:

Here I am sitting at my screen, wondering if anyone has taken as long as me to get through the applicaiton process.

I applied in June 2002,

First test Jan 2003

Second Test Feb 2004

Course to be decided upon (no earlier than 2005 :ok: )

So that makes about 31 months (2 years 7 months) supposing the course starts Jan 2005,

Can anyone beat this I wonder???????

Chilli Monster
3rd Mar 2004, 15:31
Suggest you read this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=68205) - especialy page 2.

foghorn
4th Mar 2004, 16:11
tired-flyboy - as Chili points out, I applied in September 02, went to the tests in April 03, was interviewed in February 04 and will also be going to the college sometime in in 2005.

Not quite as long as you, but long enough, especially for one who is relatively old for an ATC cadet and not getting any younger.

blondie118
8th Mar 2004, 09:54
If you think this feels like a long time the you just wait until you start at the college and see how long it takes from day one to getting valid at a unit, lol!:} :} :}

It'll be worth the wait tho.:)

All the best.

tired-flyboy
8th Mar 2004, 14:45
Foghorn

relatively old for an ATC cadet and not getting any younger
I may be in the same boat as you (i'm also at the upper end of the age scale)

Blondie

True, validation does take a long time, but as i've done this in the job before ;) you'd think there'd be an easier way to go through the process.

Oh well here's hoping I can actually afford to stay down south (had a look at the house prices - scary :uhoh: :{ )

Cheers