PDA

View Full Version : Principle & Methods Of Instruction - Help Required!

Jet_A_Knight
2nd Mar 2004, 17:57
I am sitting the Australian CASA Principles and Methods of Instruction exam for Grade 1 instructor, and would appreciate any help with practice or example exams for my preparation, on line or via email if possible.

Any help is appreciated.

JAK

Tinstaafl
3rd Mar 2004, 02:40
All pretty much straight out of the 'FAA flight instructor's handbook' or whatever it was called. There's one in the office. I know 'cos I put it there as part of the company's instructor school approval 6 years ago. ;)

You could also use the syllabus I wrote for IPM (or PMI, if you prefer) / ground school component of the instructor course since it's all there too... :p

Good luck! :ok:

Jet_A_Knight
5th Mar 2004, 10:36
Thanks Tinny - I forgot the syllabus.

By the way, there's a new FAA one since 1998, nicer pictures and not quite so 1960s.

Catchya via email soon.

spin doctor
11th Mar 2004, 02:29
I recently attempted it a few days after the change from paper to cyber. It went from 30 questions to 50 questions as well.

After speaking to dozens of G1's advising what to study, I was astoninshed when I got there. It wasn't what I was expecting. Probably similar to when the IREX changed. It was quite difficult, and no prac exams to attempt. However I found an instructor who made up a prac cyber exam based on the FAA book. If you email him at [email protected] with the subject "practice exam" I'm sure he'll help you out.