PDA

View Full Version : bmi

Grackle
29th Feb 2004, 18:40
So is it as part of 'Blue Sky' cost saving that the (admittedly almost unused) bmi has disappeared?

Or is it just that the moderator has gone to Virgin/Emirates/Easy/ anywhere but bmi ...

MaximumPete
29th Feb 2004, 18:48
Use it or lose it?

MP;)

Anne.Nonymous
1st Mar 2004, 16:44
Working OK this morning - I have just posted there.

Anne :O

Bezi l
1st Mar 2004, 20:24
I'm with Grackle... I can't see it either!!

bl
xx

keyboard flier
1st Mar 2004, 20:26
I have tried to register for it and have never recevied an answer. Please help

MaximumPete
1st Mar 2004, 20:45
Still can't find it!

Perhaps the moderator can enlighten us?

MP:D

Anthony Carn
2nd Mar 2004, 00:06
Lets face it, the number and frequency of bmi employees posting there was pathetic ! I posted a sarchastic kick up the backside and a couple of encouraging threads, but there was almost no response. Like flogging a dead horse.

The low number of threads, low number of views and way out of date last post date stood out amongst the other airline forums. It was embarrassing.

Fairly representative of the bmi workforce apathy and terror of speaking out, even anonymously. :rolleyes: :*

Jetdriver
2nd Mar 2004, 02:06
Sorry I don't have the definitive answer on this, but I'm sure someone from the "Towers" will be along shortly. Some of the private forums have been dormant for quite some time, and it was generally felt that if the service was being provided elsewhere, or it was not being utilized then it was not worth providing the facility on PPRuNe. The first post in the thread probably gives a guide. I understood that there would be a warning posted in dormant forums and continued non utilization would probably result in removal.

Chalky
2nd Mar 2004, 02:50
Anthony,

I posted a sarchastic kick up the backside and a couple of encouraging threads, but there was almost no response. Like flogging a dead horse.
Maybe the reason for the lack of response was that we're all tired of your sarcasm and negative vibes. (Note, sarcastic has no "H")
Fairly representative of the bmi workforce apathy and terror of speaking out, even anonymously
You might do well to remember the old adage "Empty Vessels make the Most Noise".

Terminal 5ive
2nd Mar 2004, 04:05
Anthony,

I fully respect your right to have an opinion regarding bmi and it's workforce.
:ok:

It's wonderfully enlightening to see a colleague (or ex) have so many encouraging ways to improve the company. I can feel the motivation rising from inside as I read your informative and unbiased comments.

There....... I am now released from my terror of speaking out
;)

keyboard flier
3rd Mar 2004, 19:19
I would use the forum, only when I emailed to register I got no reply.
So who's to blame for losing it when people can't get on in the first place?

Anne.Nonymous
4th Mar 2004, 00:01
AC

You said
"The low number of threads, low number of views and way out of date last post date stood out amongst the other airline forums."

I would be very interested to learn how you know the content of other airline forums - perhaps you can share it with us?

For those of you who wanted to join the forum - did you email the Moderator?

To get to the forum go to your user cp at the top of this page. You will then see the forums to which you are subscribed. If bmi is not there you're not subscribed.

Chalky
4th Mar 2004, 02:13
Anne,

I'm not one to defend AC, but it is easy to check the threads, views and last post date of all forums by looking at the site menu.

Chalky

Anne.Nonymous
4th Mar 2004, 07:14
Chalky

Thanks I didn't know it was possible - no offence intended.(even to AC!)

keyboard flier
4th Mar 2004, 19:33
I have emailed the moderator again.
I looked at my cp and there was the bmi forum but with no topics, and it tells me I can't post on it.
Will wait to see if I get a reply from the moderator.

Anne.Nonymous
5th Mar 2004, 05:41
Keyboard Flyer

Your problem must lie with the Moderator because I have just posted there (to see if I could).

Anne.Nonymous
9th Mar 2004, 04:32
I have just gone there again with no difficulty - but there are only two postings which are both mine so don't bother rushing off to see.

As I said earlier it has been ear-marked for removal due to lack of use - which seems to make sense.

PS Boxcar - why don't you email him and let us know the reply?

Anne.Nonymous
11th Mar 2004, 03:51
It is still there but now has Danny's post re. virus and another re. Search. Anyone still having problems?

fadec_primary_channel
11th Mar 2004, 04:12
the forum will br closed down due to lack of use and pressure on server availability!

Shame, but S**t happens !

Night night !

FPC:)

KingoftheRoad
11th Mar 2004, 05:56
f_p_c............

I accept that it probably had to go...........

but that still doesn't explain why Anne.N can access the forum......

.......and others can't !

With all the comments that bmi employees have made over the years, I find it strange that they (unlike their fellows in other companies) are unable to feel free to post unless they are totally Anne. Nonymous :O

Is there something in the bmi culture that prohibits freedom of expression ?

Roger Miller.

p.s. night,night Dan ;)

Anne.Nonymous
12th Mar 2004, 17:40
Hey Guys

Don't shoot the messenger!

I just posted a link to the forum which worked! However I had to delete the post because gave access to MY user details which I prefer not to disclose.

We have had a number of discrete forums in the past - there was even one that was managed by T.B. that management were not allowed to use - but in the end they have all failed through lack of use.

It is a shame this one is following the same way but it seems that it is PPrunes decision and has nothing to do with bmi or its culture - just pressure on rescources. Now where have I heard that before?