PDA

View Full Version : Best professional logbook??

fudgy2000
26th Feb 2004, 05:07
Hi gents,

Can anyone recommend a good (JAR) professional logbook. Without going to the shop- I don't know which is the best one in terms of layout, columns etc!!!

Appreciate any help!!

mazzy1026
27th Feb 2004, 16:44
Hello - I saw an advert on flightstore the other day which had an electronic version - apparently recognised by the CAA.

Try here (http://www.flightstore.co.uk/skylog_pilots_logbook_software.pilot.supplies/use.id.5.item_id.669.dept.176.dept_l2.177.dept_l3.0/)

This isnt a commercial post as I have nothing to do with these guys - if you want some more just run a search on google for "loogbook software".

Hope this has been of some use however, I bet you want a paper logbook :p

Cheers

Lee :ok:

AIRWAY
29th Feb 2004, 01:38
Jeppesen Pilot LogBook

It meets the JAR-FCL 1.080 requirements.

And you can buy it online @ Transair Pilot Shop

Jinkster
1st Mar 2004, 05:08
When is the best time to convert from a PPL logbook to a Professional pilots logbook.

Is their a legal requirment?

Many thanks,

Jinkster :ok:

1st Mar 2004, 06:23
I still use my small PPL Pooleys log book.

Never had any dramas with CAA not recognising it as an official JAA log book for commercial ops.

I think those gigantic JAR-FCL are a joke - give me the PPL ones any time - plus they fit in the side pouch of flight bags.....

have another coffee
1st Mar 2004, 23:50
I use Logbook 2 from Fliteware. No need to shop as you can download it. Work like a dream. Entries are simple and you can easily configure it they way you want it. And accepted by the CAA as well. :ok:

http://www.fliteware.co.uk

mad_jock
2nd Mar 2004, 00:45
I have just bought my second Jeppy Jar logbook but they are huge. But they have plenty of space, if you just an low houred PPL or instructor you won't need most the operational or function time entrys. And i have my doudts why you need so much space for sim training.

But its easy to write in and fairly robust. So i leave it at home and use one of the 6 quid aircrew pocket logbooks to record all my hours in day to day then transfer it over at the end of the week.

MJ

noblues
8th Mar 2004, 05:45
I have trawled through about half a dozen demo versions of LogBook Software, I was really after a program that would present the same format as my trusty large Pooleys paper logbooks.

After about to give up with so many offering either FAA format, or fancy gimicks, or messy data entry screens etc I finally stumbled across this :

http://www.dauntless-soft.com/PRODUCTS/Safelog/index.html

Its called SafeLog and almost replicated the Pooleys paper logbook format (similar to the CAA logbooks).

Its very simple and basic to use, has some very neat features like a worldwide data base of airport codes (ICAO and IATA), even small GA airfields.

Its very easy to create a data base of a common type and registrations flown (useful for airline hours, nominate one type and list the fleet reg's). It has P1(US) ie. first officer flying time which not many comutersized logbooks offer; plus you can enter the other crew members name.

I also fly GA and instruct and has all the relevant columns for this and comment fields; pax names as optional etc .... and will calculate instructing hour summaries (useful for the 100 hours in 3 years revalidation etc).

Whats unique about this package is that their are two versions for FAA and JAR, they seem to have got it just right for the JAR/CAA version and tried to cater for people who just want a program that does what their paper log book did in an easy simple fashion.

I am still on the demo version but am about to order the full version, and its only $35 (under £20 !!).

PS : The demo is full version without the print option but gives a very clear idea of what SafeLog does.

Trader
9th Mar 2004, 05:24
The best I have found is at www.leatherlogbook.com . A big, real leather (old school look to it) log book with loads of room, standard columns and empty columns to make any authority happy.