PDA

View Full Version : Vs Clp Contract

redcap1
26th Feb 2004, 01:13
ANYONE OUT THERE WITH ANY INFO ON WHICH WAY THE VS CLP CONTRACT TALKS ARE GOING AT THE MOMENT?

FinalsToLand
26th Feb 2004, 19:43
I believe groundstar r trying for it.

FTL

Alan Tracey
4th Mar 2004, 05:01
Difficult contract to take on, unless you have experienced staff 24/7.

redcap1
5th Mar 2004, 00:32
WOULDN'T T U P E COME INTO PLAY IF THE CONTRACT SHIFTED LOCALLY TO LGW, AS THE PEOPLE WORKING IN CLP AT THE MOMENT ARE PRETTY MUCH DEDICATED TO THAT CONTRACT AND DO NOTHING ELSE.:confused:

Who'stheDaddy
11th Mar 2004, 17:54
I heard there was a formal announcement earlier in the week that the CLP contract with Aviance expires in june and WILL NOT be renewed.

Would TUPE would be involved..... not too sure, if it goes to another company who may:
*Already have the staff to cover the contract
*May be in a different city or country

Its not like a buy out or a new start up.... maybe VS will take it in-house

WTD

Leezyjet
15th Mar 2004, 00:49
Aviance actually served VS notice not the other way round.

Believe it will go to G* but wish they would bring it in house.

:)

redcap1
15th Mar 2004, 16:08
Aviance served vs notice, what are they doing. I would have thought they would have wanted to keep the business.
I have heard that DCS and load control are going to be centralised in MAN, is the writing on the wall for Aviance LGW.

redcap
16th Mar 2004, 15:45
Redcap1

Find ya own name, i keep getting mixed up with you!

I am the one and only Redcap (original)

:p

redcap1
16th Mar 2004, 18:31
Thought there was more than 1 redcap in the uk. Ummmmmm maybe not then. :ok:

srs what?
20th Mar 2004, 10:38
Aviance tried to give notice on the contract but VS refused to accept it. However, the contract will not be renewed in June.

redcap1
20th Mar 2004, 12:56
Aviance are now continuing with vs clp until the end of july for some reason. Heard of contract shifting to either bangkok or singapore but only rumour.

SNR T/O
30th Mar 2004, 12:31
I have also heard it might goto Singapore Airlines as they do CLP for there flights around the world(or so i'm told!)

It,s all to do with slots sharing at LHR when VS get there A380's and have routes to OZ.

:cool:

Who'stheDaddy
30th Mar 2004, 14:19
SQ do have a big Load Control dept in Singapore but SQ flights LHR-SIN are done by handling agent (Aviance at the mo) Load Controllers and are Licenced by SQ trainers or handling agents staff who have been on an advanced W/B course and are then authorised to train and licence by SQ. Not too sure about other stations.

WTD