PDA

View Full Version : UK Airside ID's

FlyingIrishman
24th Feb 2004, 17:12
Just a general question about the new UK airside ID regulations: My airside pass is issued by Aer Rianta Dublin on behalf of my company and I hold no disclosure certificate as this is not a requirement in Ireland.
However, would I still be granted airside access at a UK airport using my Irish ID as I did before the disclosure regulation came into effect?

Thanks for any help.

Meeb
25th Feb 2004, 03:19
Yes!

Regards,
Meeb
(Fully paid up member of the 'One Word Answer Organisation')

FlyingIrishman
25th Feb 2004, 03:44
Are you sure? - I don't know if you know what sort of arses security at Stansted can be and I want to be covered for all eventualities.

Miles Magister
25th Feb 2004, 03:51
FI,

I believe that under the United Kingdom National Security Plan, commonly known as the UK NASP, each airfield has to issue their own passes to all personnel granted airside access, this includes visiting crews! An aditional pass must be issued to enter customs restricted areas. Unfortunately I don't keep a copy of NASP in my pocket to check the details.

However in practice the extended answer above is correct.

FlyingIrishman
25th Feb 2004, 04:36
Your answer has somewhat confused me - before disclosure came into effect, I had no problems whatsoever being granted airside access at STN with my Dublin ID when in uniform. Out of uniform I always got asked if I was working and why I needed to go in, but was let through without any additional paperwork (day pass). Is it still the same case now?

Miles Magister
25th Feb 2004, 05:03
I don't believe the national regulations have changed, but most airports have reviewed their proceedures. It is up to each airport to set their own rules which they can change as and when they wish. I suggest you contact the security at STN for a current answer.