PDA

View Full Version : Computer Tests

MilliganNI
23rd Feb 2004, 19:00
Hey all, I've got my NATS interview coming up soon and the more I read the more I get concerned about these computer tests! Does anyone know if there is a similar program available on the net so I could practice. Just so I don't totally hash up my interview day!!

Also is there anyone else doing an interview in Belfast on the 2nd of March, particularly anyone who had their test day on the 15th of Jan?

Thanks very much!!

AndyM

Scuzi
24th Feb 2004, 00:11
Hi

I too have been scouring the net in order to find something that might help me on the day but to no avail. The though of these computer tests makes my stomach churn!
I did my initial selection on 15th Jan too. I found everything fairly easy apart from the spatial reasoning paper. In the end I got invited for an interview on 3rd March.

I would be grateful if you could tell us how it goes when you get back;)

Best of luck!:ok:

Scuzi
4th Mar 2004, 02:22
I did my interviews today and overall am quite happy with my performance. I went in a bundle of nerves but once I got talking to the nice interviewers I soon felt at ease. The only thing that I think has knocked me is the computer tests. The coloured shapes part went quite well but once it got onto the section where I had to remove numbers from the screen and answer mathematical questions at the smae time I think I just lost it.

Oh well, I'll find out in two weeks hopefully. Lots of nail biting up until then!

By the way I found that reading the sticky at the top of this forum was a great aid. A lot of the information contained in it did come up in the interview and I'm really glad I read over it.

foghorn
4th Mar 2004, 17:15
Don't worry, I also thought I'd lost it in the computer tests, but I got through. Most people think the same, apparently, so don't do a post mortem on your performance on these tests, because you simply don't know what they're looking for and how they're marking and weighting your performance.

The only practice that you can have for the computer tests is to play computer games, particularly the old 1980's style of 2D low-colour computer game played through a computer keyboard. Maybe the games on a mobile phone are the closest comparison these days!

Barnaby the Bear
4th Mar 2004, 23:00
It sounds like the tests haven't changed much over the years.
Just don't panic about the maths. When you have to delete as few numbers as possible to prevent collisions, concentrate more on just that. The maths questions are there to test your priorities.
Good luck.

Ps I hold no liability for false or misguided advice that I give.

:E