View Full Version : Cost Share

727Man
17th Feb 2004, 17:58
Looking for someone at Kemble, Gloucester,Swindon areas
to cost share flights with FAA CPL Multi IR rated.

DFC
17th Feb 2004, 18:49
Word of caution - you can't call it cost share if you advertise it outside the club - CAA call that public transport.

One never knows who is watching. :hmm:

Lets have a PPRUNE flying club. :E

Regards,

DFC

Flyin'Dutch'
17th Feb 2004, 20:44
DFC,

Public transport would be inviting people to come and fly with you so what 727 is looking for would not fall into that category as I understand it.

But a word of caution would never go amiss I suppose.

FD

FNG
17th Feb 2004, 22:44
FD, I was a bit puzzled at first by the distinction between inviting people to fly with you and enquiring here for possible flying partners, but I agree with you if, by "inviting people to fly with you" you mean publishing information relating to a particular flight. The bit of the ANO which DFC probably had in mind says this:-

"no information concerning the flight shall have been published or advertised prior to the commencement of the flight other than, in the case of an aircraft operated by a flying club, advertising wholly within the premises of such a flying club in which case all the persons carried on such a flight who are aged 18 years or over shall be members of that flying club"

[art 31(8)(a)(ii)(cc)]

I do not think that there is anything in wrong in posting a notice, here or on, say, a club noticeboard, to the effect of "pilot would like to meet other pilot with a view to sharing flying costs". Indeed, you sometimes see such notices at clubhouses.

The situation would be different if a pilot were to post on pprune: "please come and fly with me from airfield X on date Y and pay a share of the costs", or words to similar effect, or were to post, say, a standing offer to take people up so long as they pay a costs share.