PDA

View Full Version : Tu154

SWADLER747
14th Feb 2004, 19:56
Anyone flown on a TU154 recently? What are they like? Are they noisey?

Cheers

Boss Raptor
14th Feb 2004, 21:19
Noisy inside or out? no worse than a DC9 or a B737-200, if you have one with a modern interior with overhead bins etc. then you would not feel any different to being in any other modern airliner. Dont forget that the TU154M remained in production until just a few years ago.

john_tullamarine
15th Feb 2004, 18:03
I guess it depends on the operator .. about 10 years ago I flew Bangkok to Vientiane and back a month or two later .. ... interesting to say the least .. I managed one and half jumpseat sectors ... not quite what I would describe as a "modern" airliner .. but very forgiving from what I saw .. of great interest was the observation that the crew, apart from the variable English .. wasn't much different to the people I had flown with in the past ... just like being at home ..

RRAAMJET
17th Feb 2004, 12:23
I have flown one - for one circuit...

Quick impressions:
Not that noisy from the left seat - certainly not as noisy as the air noise on a 727
A bit pitch/speed unstable on the approach - lots of little pwr adjustments required in stable air
Bloody awful 1000's/100's/10's RPM gauges in center - needles spinning frantically
Hideous blue paint
Large black square box thingy on yoke (rotation pitch limiter? Can't remember it was more than a decade ago and the briefing was quick) obscuring primary flight instruments
Excellent landing gear
Ciggie-smoke stained interior (this was the USSR, after all)

Really, really nice crew.:ok: