PDA

View Full Version : How many applications did you take to get into your ATC company

windsock9
11th Feb 2004, 20:47
Hi everybody, just wondered how many "goes" it took you in application to reach the classroom in Bourmouth or any other Air Traffic organisation out there ! Thanks! WS9:)

Barnaby the Bear
11th Feb 2004, 21:39
When I applied several years ago, I went through the process twice with NATS.
At the time that wasn't too uncommon. They like to see you are committed. After all its alot of dosh to train you.
I was also lead to believe you only had two attempts.
Other companies you would probably have to join as an ATSA, then work your way up and prove you have what it takes. :}

ayrprox
11th Feb 2004, 22:57
my friend from school and I both applied at the same time. I scraped through first time, but he failed all three attempts at the final interview stage.

ex-EGLL
12th Feb 2004, 02:29
Did 2 years as an ATCA 2/3 at LATCC, and got through the selection process first time. Having said that, reading some of the recent posts, it didn't seem anywhere near as difficult in those days!!!

Still, we only lost one person off the course in a 3 year period, the rest all got licences.

ex-egll

360BakTrak
12th Feb 2004, 04:40
I got in on my 2nd attempt, whole process from first apllication to starting at CATC was just over 2 years.
Worth the wait though...the best year I've ever spent p!ssed every night.:}

matspart3
12th Feb 2004, 05:08
360BakTrak.....pissed every night...and now an ex- NATS cadet!!

We were desperate when u applied to us...both times!!

360BakTrak
12th Feb 2004, 15:00
Matspart3.......How many applications did it take you to become SATCO?...........oh yeah....1 cos you were the only applicant!!!!! Nothing but the best for EG??.
:=

matspart3
12th Feb 2004, 16:48
There could be only one!!

Eric T Cartman
20th Feb 2004, 09:07
1, but that was the Board of Trade in 1970 ( & I was phoned & asked where I would like to be posted !!)
;-)

Loki
21st Feb 2004, 02:09
One application, one interview(board), one medical.....no silly tests or anything like that (a few bizarre questions on the interview though!)

However, it was a long time ago.