View Full Version : UAS Hours

BEagle
3rd Feb 2004, 20:00
It would seem that certain Belgrano functionaries have been incorrectly stating to ex-UAS pilots that their hours either do not count - or that only 10 hours may be counted towards the issue of a JAR-FCL PPL(A).

This is total bull$hit. All properly-recorded UAS flying time, countersigned by the UAS OC or an appointed deputy, will count towards a JAR-FCL PPL(A). The CAA has re-briefed its 'staff' accordingly; if you were a victim of incorrect CAA decisions and suffered financially as a result, I suggest you write to the Authority with full details of your case.

Flyin'Dutch'
3rd Feb 2004, 20:36
Hi Beagle,

Could it be that part of the confusion had to do with the fact that there was no 'civil' variant of the Vigilant and that this lead to some unclarity whether the hours done on those would count as motorgliding or group A?

Not affected by this either way as I had to pay for all my flying myself but can imagine that people would be seriously miffed if they found out that they could have saved themselves some hours at say £100 a go.

FD

nosewheelfirst
3rd Feb 2004, 20:55
Can I also add that the instument flying done by the UAS can be counted towards the IMC, although im not sure of the exact numbers.

Slow-Rider
3rd Feb 2004, 21:59
Flyin' Dutch

The UASs use the Grob 115 Tutor not the Vigilant. That's to say it is a civil aircraft with RAF roundel on the side so shouldn't cause the confusion.

Vedeneyev
3rd Feb 2004, 23:03
Doesn't all training for a JAR license have to be accomplished at a JAR approved training organisation?

BEagle
4th Feb 2004, 00:26
No. National authorities SHALL give appropriate credit for military experience as per JAR-FCL 1.020 at the discretion of the authority.

Vigilant is most definitely not a SEP Class aircraft under JAR-FCL.