PDA

View Full Version : Apr 04 Training Course

mr.777
3rd Feb 2004, 18:09
Having just returned this morning from sunny Cape Town,where I had a most enjoyable time celebrating my 30th b'day,I arrived home to find a letter from NATS waiting for me. "A-ha.." I thought...this must be some info pertaining to my upcoming training course starting on Mar 29.I opened it........
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I've been put back AGAIN...to Jun 7 04.This poses somewhat of a problem for me as,having a 3 month notice period with my current employers,I handed my notice in just before Xmas.I even phoned NATS recruitment in December to ensure that the Mar04 course was still running and that I was still on it.....to which I was told that there was no problem.

I am now in the position of having to find employment for 2 months that will pay enough to cover my mortgage/council tax/car payments/living expenses etc which total about £900 a month.My current employers,who pay me £30000 p.a., have told me that I cannot rescind my notice,and they are perfectly within their rights to do so.

Anyway,my questions are 3 fold;

1)Any suggestions for employmet for 2 months?

2)Has anyone else on this course been screwed over?

3)Do NATS HR have the slightest f***ing idea that they are seriously affecting peoples lives with this bollocks?
I really wnat this job,so quitting is not an option,but I am seriously at the end of my tether having been put back TWICE now

P.s sorry for rant

360BakTrak
3rd Feb 2004, 19:11
mr.777

I went through the college 6 years ago and I was put back a course at short notice but luckily I had a very understanding boss!
It seems to be a fairly common thing, not sure why it happens but then I dont suppose NATS are too sure either it seems!!

You'll love it when you get there....if you're sober enough to remember any of it!!!
:ok:

BOBBLEHAT
3rd Feb 2004, 23:27
Not wishing to depress you further, but if the proposed pay / wpp deal is voted in, you may be affected by the proposed cut in trainee air traffic controllers pay which I believe is approx 22 percent (?). This will be applicable to courses starting after a certain date. I don't know what this date is, but it may be worth checking with HR.

turn right heading
4th Feb 2004, 04:39
Mr.777 - Sorry to disappoint you further, but Bobblehat is right about the pay. Instead of the £19,000 ish that you were promised I'm afraid its only going to be £14,500 ish.

p.s. Get used to getting screwed over:uhoh:

cb9002
4th Feb 2004, 11:04
My condolences mate. I'm in the process of PMing all the other PPRUNers on our course to warn them...

Perhaps you could get in touch with HR and plead poverty?

Its been two years since my application went in, so I don't know what I'll do if the same happens to me.