PDA

View Full Version : Pilots to USA

aviatorpk
31st Jan 2004, 04:26
USA has given to PIA a list of 10 pilots names who can not fly to USA any other airline has got the list ???:ouch:

Airbubba
31st Jan 2004, 07:45
Nope, it's secret...

mutt
31st Jan 2004, 10:15
Yep, we have the same restriction, certain pilots are not permitted to operate to the USA. That doesnt include the people who had their FAA licences revoked, a number of whom are presently suing the US Gov.

Mutt.

IceHouse
1st Feb 2004, 03:33
Yes, and the rest of the world should adopt this same disgraceful treatment to US flightcrew/citizen's.

maxy101
1st Feb 2004, 05:34
Where do I sign up for the list? The thought of never going to the US again quite appeals at the moment...

hart744
1st Feb 2004, 05:39
Or you can get on the fleet that doesn't fly to the USA. ;)

1st Feb 2004, 23:39
Exactly right! Let's start finger-printing US citizens that want to come over here (Europe) on holiday or even just passing through, ban every US citizen that has had an immigration violation or overstay from flying in here and introduce a visa system that would make them stand in mile long queues like we will shortly be doing to go over there! :}

I recently had to travel from Fiji to Europe via LA. Since I'm required to be finger-printed on my next trip through the US, I THREW MY TICKET AWAY and BOUGHT A NEW ONE via Bangkok. But there is absolutely NO WAY that I am giving my prints to any dictator; least of all George Moron Bush! :E

411A
2nd Feb 2004, 00:12

Suspect you won't be missed....:ugh:

WorkingHard
2nd Feb 2004, 00:39
411A- You may of course be correct in that none of us would be missed not going to the USA but might I suggest that the USA would be a far worse place without the resources and technology that you have aquired from the rest of the world. We should all be very aware of potential terrorist threats and we should also adopt a similar atitude to the USA in the treatment of "foreigners" as do you. Withdraw to your own borders and stay there if you like, I for one would not care one little bit.

IceHouse
2nd Feb 2004, 00:44
411A

Tourism will be missed by your government when people avoid visiting this place for above reasons and your airlines suffer big time..

Danny
2nd Feb 2004, 01:48
Knock off the pathetic xenophobic commentaries or this thread will be relegated to Jet Blast and even there may be subject to termination. There is an important issue to be discussed but unfortunately there is always an element who are slightly immature in the thinking department and reduce the thread to little more than a flame war with ill thought out and personal attacks rather than constructive commentary or criticism. :*

df1
2nd Feb 2004, 02:41
I am sorry, I don't understand. Are these people that may not travel to the USA in any capacity or pilots whom may not act as flight crew whilst in/over US?

mutt
2nd Feb 2004, 02:56
or pilots whom may not act as flight crew whilst in/over US?

Foreign airlines are advised that certain crewmembers are not permitted to operate aircraft to the USA. At least in our case, most if not all of the listed crews were trained in the USA and have operated commercial airliners to the USA for numerous years.

Mutt.

B Sousa
2nd Feb 2004, 04:12
Mutt Writes:"most if not all of the listed crews were trained in the USA and have operated commercial airliners to the USA for numerous years. "

And Nail Clippers were never a problem either before 911. I still dont understand how someone could threaten ANYTHING with Nail Clippers. Another typical Bureaucratic answer to the "We dont know the problem or how to cure it, but we can hire more idiots to make it look like we are doing something." OR "The problem cannot be handled without offending someone, therefore............"

bugg smasher
2nd Feb 2004, 04:50
I think it’s only fair that we receive the same treatment as we are now meting out to both crew and passengers visiting our country. Kindly remember that we, the people, do not make the policies; we can only vote those that do out of office. We will have that opportunity shortly.

unwiseowl
2nd Feb 2004, 06:42
Bug Smasher: Nice post! A lot of us in the UK are also looking forward to the elections for similar reasons. In fact, you guys like Slippery Tone don't you? Hopefully, he'll be available soon!

2nd Feb 2004, 15:39
Well said B Sousa! :ok: That is exactly what happenned there.

On my way to Fiji last year, (in the days before fingerprinting of innocent people) transiting through LAX, I was told to open my suitcase before checking it in. I guess that was so that the highly trained, security experts at the airport could go through my baggage in order to ensure that I wasn't carrying anything of any value with me. I base this deduction on the fact that numerous items went missing from my suitcase; all were worth a few bucks, none were of any threat! :confused:

Personally, in terms of the global air-scare; I would rather do nothing than do the wrong thing. But that's just me, and since I won't be missed over there, neither will my opinions I'm sure... ;)

GlueBall
2nd Feb 2004, 23:38
But just 9 months from now, Bush and his neo conservative toadies will be voted out of office.
To be sure, the big dull bulk of American voters, also known as the silent majority, have not taken kindly to having been lied to, and to have gone to war under false pretenses.
Hopefully, the next administration will operate at a higher reality level.

Bubbette
3rd Feb 2004, 01:10
hah, dream on Glue Ball. In any case, if US pilots have violated immigration laws of another country, I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be banned also.

mutt
3rd Feb 2004, 01:16
if US pilots have violated immigration laws of another country You are presuming that "ALL" of those listed are guilty of immigration laws!

Mutt.

Bubbette
3rd Feb 2004, 01:32
Yep a number of airlines worldwide have been given this list of people who have had overstays and immigration violations in u.s. Just what this guy said.

jetjackel
3rd Feb 2004, 02:01
In the US "over reaction" goes with a smoking hole in a major city by a goup of guys who live in caves.

Where do you draw the line? I don't know, you can kill someone with a credit card.

aviatorpk
4th Feb 2004, 18:37
there is news that another list is on the way for some more to say good bye USA

Airbubba
5th Feb 2004, 00:55
>>there is news that another list is on the way for some more to say good bye USA

Well, there have been similar lists for years of U.S. pilots who could not operate to some Muslim countries because they also considered themselves citizens of Israel.

And I've flown with Pakistani crew who could not operate into India and vice versa.

Whatever the legitimacy of the lists, they are a reality in international aviation.

>>In the US "over reaction" goes with a smoking hole in a major city by a goup of guys who live in caves.

I couldn't have said that lest it be deemed too pro-America, but I'm glad you did <g>...

DA50driver
5th Feb 2004, 02:24
I assume most of us are professional pilots on this thread. Do you not do everything in your power to assure a safe trip for your pax? I know I do, and a lot of times I waste time and fuel going around a thunderstorm that I find threatening. Someone with more experience may go alot closer to it than I am willing to do. But that comes with experience.

We are new at having our people attacked on our own soil. We did not like it and we do not want to see it happen again.

Give us a break while we work through this new situation. And just for drill, pretend you are in charge of safety of the citizens of the U.S. What would you do differently? Keep in mind everything you do will be scrutinized and questioned by someone. And if you screw up you will have to live with the consequences.

I know that I do not envy President Bush at this point. I would not sleep very well at night unless I took EVERY precaution to protect my country. And I would be pis..d off at all the people that could not understand what I am trying to do.

How about a little help instead of just kicking the giant when he is down? Eventually the giant will get back on his feet, and we will remeber who our friends are.

For the record, I am a citizen of Norway who lives in the US. I have been here for quite some time, and you will have a hard time finding a nicer, harder working people anywhere than the locals around here. We got the fringe groups that are vocal and think they are important, but your average American Jane or Joe are people who just want their kids to be happy, just like anyone else in the world.

There, I wore out my soap-box, and I will try not to get back on it for a while.

LatviaCalling
5th Feb 2004, 03:34
When I arrive at London -- Heathrow or Gatwick -- the polite immigration official stamps my American passport saying that that I can stay 90 days in the UK, but I'm not allowed to have a gainful job there. I'm completely satisfied, because I'm not going to take some other illegal immigrant's fish and chips jobe away from him or her.

On the other hand, plenty of these people that have been given the 90-day visas in the UK dissapear and are later found to be working in ethnic restaurants, girls galore, etc.

How to stop this? I am firmly for fingerprinting and face printing on entry to the UK. I would rather stand in line for that extra 30 minutes while they take my smudgy prints and my disheviled face.

unruly
5th Feb 2004, 15:34
We have had pilots here that were ex-military who couldn't get a visa to the US just because they were suspected of involvement in a past coup d'etat against the government. So the company just makes them fly regional or domestic routes. Regarding the fingerprinting? Let's just wait a few more months, then they'll come up with another hare-brained scheme that would surely complicate everything ( like making passengers sign pledges and contracts that they will not bomb or be near a secured area or things like that or else..):rolleyes:

Jim Morehead
6th Feb 2004, 01:59
Danny is right....

I can't figure out why some of you waste your time getting all worked up because the officials of SOME country deny entry to pilots or passengers of another country.

Could it be true that the US (or any other country) would have a reason for notifying airline XXX that pilots X, Y, and Z are not going to be accepted as legitimate crew members in the receiving country? Isn't it possible or logical that the government of any country may have very valid reasons for this action. And even if you don't think so, your opinion is meaningless. Stronger letter to follow!!!

aviatorpk
10th Feb 2004, 21:25
Got another list today :mad: :mad: :confused:

strafer
10th Feb 2004, 22:33
We have had pilots here that were ex-military who couldn't get a visa to the US just because they were suspected of involvement in a past coup d'etat against the government.
Disgraceful! They'll be refusing visas to people suspected of involvement in terrorist groups next....

10th Feb 2004, 22:40
I find it incredibly easy to understand! There you go. See...? A different opinion to yours. Equally valid, and less offensive. What we're discussing here is an issue that affects us all, and therefore we're all entitled to our opinions on the matter, regardless of how they differ from yours.

Personally, I believe that if these lists do exist, and they are based on evidence more credible than that used to invade Iraq, then they are possibly a good thing. What is really annoying me (and causing me to become very anti-USA and keeping me out of the USA) is the fact that the next time I go there, I shall have to be finger-printed! Again, in my personal opinion, that is a complete and utter violation of my civil rights and I shall not tolerate it from my own country, let alone from anybody else's! :yuk:

...your opinion is meaningless. Stronger letter to follow!!!Wind your neck in old man, your arrogance is sticking out! Appears to me that what you need is a little bit more of your surname..? :ok:

ZQA297/30
11th Feb 2004, 08:33
Ref the original question:

I believe that the list you refer to is the "no fly" list which is circulated to all airlines operating into the US. It is updated daily and the airlines involved scan the names daily to prevent infringements.
It covers both passengers and crew.

Once your name is on it, you are not allowed to travel by air into or out of the US.
The fact that you may not be the "problem" person is immaterial, once that name is on the list, you and anyone else bearing the same name and D.O.B. are prohibitted from flying to or from the USA. (Bad luck John Smiths of the world if there is a terrorist John Smith in your number) :(
There is no reason given.

Getting off the list, even when you can prove you are not the problem person named, is exceeding difficult.

bugg smasher
12th Feb 2004, 06:46
I understand how you feel 126.9, perhaps ol’ Jim is wound up just a little tight, seems to me anyways.

In any event, the two most annoying things on this board are flag-waving Yanks, condescending Poms, and a busy server message. Three.
:O