View Full Version : Am i allowed?

AIRWAY
27th Jan 2004, 20:01
Hello,

Just a quick question, has a PPL student on the PA28, am i allowed to take another PPL student ( same flying school ) when im under instruction?

Thank You

Say again s l o w l y
27th Jan 2004, 20:06
If you aren't solo, then there is no problem as your instructor is PIC, but if you are solo, then no.

Back seating is a great way to learn and I would recommend all students to do it if possible (hard in a C152!). Just sit back, watch and listen to all that is going on, you're basically getting a free lesson!

AIRWAY
27th Jan 2004, 20:17
Thank you Say Again :ok:

Thats what i thought so, but was unsure, and has you state it is a great way to learn ( for free ).

He his way ahead in terms of training than me, he is just waiting for a perfect day to do his x-country flight, but the weather aint helping so at least even if he is assisting in the back seat while im under instruction it will have some benefits for him i guess, plus i have a little task for him ( to be a photographer once in awhile during flying ) :} :O

Say again s l o w l y
27th Jan 2004, 20:38
It's always better if the two students are around the same level, one reason we like our commercial, I/R and IMC students to pair up.

It also get you used to flying in front of somebody who isn't your instructor. This can be nerve wracking the first time, especially if the person has more experience, but you'll soon realise that most people are happy just to be in the air!
Getting photo's taken is a great idea as you can finally show all the long suffering friends and family what it is you spend all your time talking about!;)

If the chap is amenable, ask if you can go on one of the brush up flights he'll be doing before his test, that way you get to see what standards are really like and pick up a few hints and tips along the way.