PDA

View Full Version : RJs at majors?

hvassk
6th Dec 2001, 06:09
Just curious to learn if any European majors are flying their own regional jets, or do they codeshare with regional airlines. I have seen pictures of British Airways and Air France flying Emb 135/145s. Are these their own? I don't think any major in the US has any RJs in their fleets.

snow storm
6th Dec 2001, 07:10
hi, I do not think that there are any major airline that is flying RJ'S, but in Canada , Air Canada is flying the cl-65 with their pilots.

schit.furbraen
6th Dec 2001, 07:14
Well, technically BA flys the Avro RJ and ATR, since City Flyer has become BA now.

hvassk
6th Dec 2001, 11:43
Did BA outright purchase City Flyer and integrate the seniority lists? Just curious as our contract talks are coming up and just wondering what companies on the other side of the pond are doing.

LGW Vulture
6th Dec 2001, 13:19
Regional Airlines in France operate loads of RJ's and I think they are 100% Air France and Lufthansa City Line likewise with Lufthansa.

World Traveller
6th Dec 2001, 14:16
LOT and Luxair have regional jets in their mainline fleets; Austrian F70s mainline, Finnair have mainline fleet ATR72s. Not a jet but same principle applies.

Othwerwise, RJ operators for major european airlines:

BA=Brymon, British Regional
EI=EI Commuter
SAS=SAS Commuter
AF=Regional Als/Brit'air/Proteus
KLM=KLM exel
SAB (as was)=DAT
Iberia=Air Nostrum
AZ=AZ Express
LH=Cityline/Eurowings/Cirrus

Turkish Airlines have mainline 146's/Avro RJs I believe, though they did once have a 'regional' subsidiary called THT that had ATPs.

This list ain't exhaustive but gives the general idea.