PDA

View Full Version : Rostering at EK

Canuck767
21st Jan 2004, 06:31
Can anyone please indicate the number of days worked at EK on average throughout a typical month? I understand there is a type of floating schedule of sorts and I would like to know how many days pilots work.

thanks for your feedback people...

Canuck

P1 Forever
4th Feb 2004, 02:36
Hi,

I would like to know the answer to that question as well.

I guess they do a lot of night flying, however, I don't know the reason for that. Out of interest I would like to see a typical months roster for a 330/777 pilot. I shouldn't think they do any more than 15 days duty.

typhoonpilot
4th Feb 2004, 15:42
On the 777 the average is around 15 days of work. A lot of flights arrive back to Dubai at 30 minutes after midnight so it is up to you if you want to consider that a day of work.

The reason for the late ( or is that early ? ) departures is twofold. Number 1 is that this is a desert and it gets hot in the desert. When the temperature starts climbing above 34 aircraft performance ( i.e. payload capability ) starts dropping. So afternoon departures can be somewhat limiting to revenue potential. Second is the way the connections work to and from Europe and Asia. One could go into great detail of how a passenger gets from Europe to Asia, but suffice it to say that it ties in with reason number 1 above.

Typhoonpilot

White Knight
4th Feb 2004, 15:58
On the 330, I've got 16 days work this month and 5 days leave,giving 8 days off, not hard work either but giving about 90 hours credit.

We don't have typhoonpilots problem on the 'bus, just load it up, turn the summer heat on and off we go:cool: :cool:

typhoonpilot
4th Feb 2004, 20:16
We don't have typhoonpilots problem on the 'bus, just load it up, turn the summer heat on and off we go

Wondering how the A340-300 will do :ooh:

I should have been more specific in my first post. My estimate applies to B777 F.O.s, Captains work harder, and Training Captains harder yet :eek:

Typhoonpilot

menard
5th Feb 2004, 11:18
Keep in mind that a lot of things are under review, including credits I've heard, I wonder.... Coupled with the eventual introduction of a more performant rostering system.....This could change....:ugh:

White Knight
5th Feb 2004, 12:03
TP, you've got me on the A343:eek: I admit....it could be using the earth's curve to get away.

I imagine even the performance of the aircraft is "under review" though:rolleyes: :rolleyes: