PDA

View Full Version : The Day Britain Stopped

radar707
18th Jan 2004, 20:33
Just in case anyone missed this the first time round, it'sa on again tonight, BBC2 at 18:30.

Jerricho
18th Jan 2004, 20:41
Awwwww Christ! I've just got over my last rant over it.

Where's my therapists number?

Brian81
18th Jan 2004, 23:30
Oh lordy!

Does anyone recall the HUGE thread when it last appeared? Lets hope this little mouldy acorn is buried in the past, right alongside "Ghostwatch", the other "Documentary-Drama" that fooled the nation. Jeeshe!

Whilst I wholeheartily agree with comments made in the past re: poor research. Its over. I think G-Public are more interested in Iraq, the human cloning thing and the January sales to be worried about a BBC docu-drama (revived in a second attempt of controvesy)...

Then again - on the other channel, poor old Rolf Harris has been dragged out of reitrement to paint something... Maybe they will be watching that?... hmmmm...

Anyway, My nurse is calling. Time for therapy.

B.:ok:

bagpuss lives
18th Jan 2004, 23:35
Cheers for the heads up.

paulo
19th Jan 2004, 02:26
ISTR the verdict was that it was technically out of date - seemingly based on an LL airprox a decade or so ago, before mandatory TCAS.

Maybe if they'd footnoted it to that effect it would have been more fair.

Great bit of drama though.

Jerricho
19th Jan 2004, 02:39
I love the bit where the approach controller says the tower will scream at her if she packs them too tight.............then she has to ring them to tell them they will probably have to send the second one around. Tee-hee.

And if the first aircraft was a Ryanair, we all know it would have got off the runway! 250kts below FL100 or on the ground. :}

(Just kidding guys and gals!) I'll not start again. Promise.

holbrob
19th Jan 2004, 03:17
Just finished watching!!! Does anybody know where to find the original post??? I didn't catch it first time around

Scott Voigt
19th Jan 2004, 12:40
Shoot, wish that they would have this on BBC America so that I could see what the hubbub was all about <G>...

regards

Scott

Jerricho
19th Jan 2004, 14:27
Here's the link for the last thread........ (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=89563)

Good to see that the BBC ignored the NATS statement at the end of the show this time by sticking by their "research"

Spitoon
19th Jan 2004, 15:40
Didn't get any better second time araound!

Scott - don't feel left out watch it on-line (http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/cta/progs/03/one_offs/britainstopped13may.ram)