PDA

View Full Version : Any Good FIC in the Northwest

McCroskey
17th Jan 2004, 23:13
Hello everybody,

I completed a CAP 509 course about 5 years ago and have'nt flown since and am now looking to get flying again and hopefully get into flight instruction. I can't afford to relocate and so I am stuck in my native Northwest England, I'm considering Ravenair at Liverpool or the Lancashire Aero Club at Barton. As I have'nt flown in a while I would be looking at getting myself up to speed first and then do an FIC all at the same training school.
Does any one know who provides a good FIC in the northwest or can any one provide any thoughts about Ravenair and Lancashire Aero Club.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
Many Thanks.

FMIRC
21st Jan 2004, 19:50
Sorry the nearest I can get to the NW is the Midlands. The Flight Centre at Wolverhampton is good ( www.hgfc.co.uk ) and local accommodation is inexpensive. Remember that if you haven't flown for a while you will need to renew your SEP rating and get a minimum of 5 hours in a simple SE aircraft in the 6 months prior to doing the FI course.
Good Luck

READY MESSAGE
21st Jan 2004, 21:13
Ravenair do it - I guess with Primo
Leeds Flying School - with Stuart Anderson
Barton also offer the course as does one of the Blackpool schools, can't remeber which one.

I know Stuart is highly recommended at Leeds.

I also stick with my standard recommendations of Dave Coulson at Cranfield Aero Club, Cranfield and Chris Caine of C&S Aviation, Wolverhampton International Space Station. Top chaps the pair of them.

Check Mags On
23rd Jan 2004, 05:37
Hi McC

I've just started the FI course with Bob Knight at Barton.
I'm only 3 hrs flying and a couple of days ground school into it.

So i'm new at it.
BUT, so far, I am really enjoying it, and learning alot along the way.
Bob is a really good instructor, and also keeps it entertaining.
I know 2 people who have just got their FI ratings after training with Bob, and they both fully recommended him.

If you want to know more try

www.maft.info

If you want to know anything else PM me with your phone number or e-mail and I'll tell you what I can.

Oh yeah, I am a Barton based flyer so I am slightly biased.
But I looked around and still decided to do it at Barton with Bob.

Mags Checked.

:ok:

McCroskey
25th Jan 2004, 01:56
Thanks everyone for your comments, you've mentioned some places I had'nt thought of.

Mags On, the name Bob Knight rings a bell is he the guy who owns the yellow Tigermoth or have I got him confused with some one else?

Check Mags On
25th Jan 2004, 06:17
Hi there
McC.

Its not the same guy, I bet Bob wishes he was that guy though.

But there is a Tiger Moth based at BTN in the summer.
And I'm sure that Bob has done quite a bit in that.

Wouldn't mind a go myself.

Mags on.