PDA

View Full Version : EGCC Question

Flap Speed
17th Jan 2004, 10:48
Can someone from CC answer a question for me please?

The small GA a/c that depart CC VFR. If one of them departs 24R but wishes to head north would they be given/allowed a special clearance or is it an absolute must that they fly the Congleton 3 visual and then route north through the corridor?

Conversely, if they were returning from the north would the a/c be allowed to join CAS and route perhaps via Swinton and Sale WP to join right base for 24R or would it be a must that they route through the corridor and join the Woodford E/E?

I've read AD 2 EGCC-1 through and although the latter in each case above would appear to be the "by the book" answer is there any latitude to allow the former?

Many thanks

cossack
17th Jan 2004, 11:39
I guess my ex-colleagues are all in bed so I'll try and help!

As you suggest the book answer is correct. However, if traffic permits alternative, more direct routings can be accomodated.

Departures from the 24s via Thelwall weren't uncommon and arrivals via Swinton (or east of) are also little problem.

The reason you will sometimes be made to fly the "book" routes is the protection of the airspace immediately north of the airport for the possibilty of missed approaches from 24R; and to the south (ie in from Sandbach) when on the dual 6s.

It should be doable at most times, after all they're VFR!!! Hope that helps.

Flap Speed
18th Jan 2004, 04:47
Cossack,

All makes sense. Thanks very much :)