View Full Version : London Air Show

Bluejay
15th Jan 2004, 21:26
Not sure if this is the correct forum for this thread, if not I am sure it will be moved.

I may late on this one, however I have just come across a link via e-mail regarding the London Airshow so I thought I would post the link here for anyone who is interested.

www.londonairshow.co.uk

It looks as though it could be quite good

Rgds

Bluejay

twistedenginestarter
15th Jan 2004, 21:47
Probably in the wrong place but I'm glad you put it here otherwise I'd have missed it.

FireFoxDown
17th Jan 2004, 20:32
Hey all,

Im hoping to travel over for this from Dublin - any tips on what to do / where to stay etc. ? Im a student so we'll leave the 5 star hotels for all you rich pilots! :p

Im thinking of making a trip to Duxford and possibly also down to EPTA(European Pilot Training Academy) in Bournemouth to meet with them about doing my ATPL groudschool with them in the future.

Any tips/info on this trip would be greatly appreciated! :ok:

(Also - anyone flying over from Ireland who'd like a passenger im willing to contribute towards fuel etc.)

Mr Wolfie
18th Jan 2004, 01:52
I'd seen the full page ads in the flying mags but knew nothing about the event. Just followed the above link and downloaded the pdf brochure. In only a few hundred words of prose it managed to use the the word "affluent" on at least 6 occasions.

The PFA also get a quote in the brochure, but I suspect that any talk of building FREDs or VP1s is not really going to go down too well with the target audience.

P.S. Nothing wrong with being loaded of course - I think its just a bit misguided of the organisers to stereotype in this way and it comes across as a bit "crass".

Mr. W (up the Proles :D ).

Whirlybird
18th Jan 2004, 19:09
How do you download the brochure? I followed the link, but can't see anywhere to do that.

Phoenix09
18th Jan 2004, 19:22
It took me a while to find it too.

If you go to the site and click on 'Exhibiting' and at the top of that page it says 'For more information about exhibiting at the show download our sales brochure.' Just click on the link and download it in PDF format.

rotorcraig
19th Jan 2004, 00:07
Click here (http://www.londonairshow.co.uk/fly/FlyMain.nsf/files/FLY_TheLondonAirShow.pdf/$file/FLY_TheLondonAirShow.pdf) for brochure (1.8Mb PDF document).

RC

Pink_aviator
19th Jan 2004, 14:32
I Probably saw it first advertised in one or all of the magazines about flying
(That in true pinkster style I throw my money at .)

Question is .

Is saturday the best day to go in case EVERY THING is sold out by Sunday.

AND

Will there be anything there that I havn't bought already. ? tee hee .

THE PINKSTER