PDA

View Full Version : FAA CFI, CFII and MEI to JAA

johnnypick
15th Jan 2004, 10:19
A little help needed. I'm an FAA CFI/CFII, soon to be MEI and need to know what is needed to get the same in the UK. Obviously the CPL and FI check rides need to be done (I've already passed the ATP writtens and I'm a brit), I just need to know what is needed to teach CPL, IMC/IR, night and Multi. I have just over a 1000 hours with 650 instruction given (mostly JAA PPL's, night ratings and IMC's), also I have a JAA PPL/IMC/MEP.

Thanks

JP

Keygrip
16th Jan 2004, 01:40
All the answers are in LASORS - but (assuming you want to be paid for the training you give)......

1st class medical
CPL skill test (training as required, sufficient to pass test [can be done in Florida or POSSIBLY Phoenix, Az).

FI(R) course and test (can also be done in Florida)...you have a 30 hours credit.

What you can teach will depend on what you have taught so far.

johnnypick
16th Jan 2004, 05:37
Thanks for the reply, but my question was, what do I have to do after I have the CPL/FI. What do I need to do to be able teach multi Engine, CPL, IR and IMC, are there seperate check rides to teach IR for instance, like I had to pass in the US. I did write in my question, Obviously I have to pass the check rides (CPL/FI) so people did'nt reply and say ATP writtens, 1st class medical, be able to work in the EU etc etc. I just need to know what the bog standard FI allows me to do and what I have to do to add to it.
An additional question, the restricted part of the FI(R) is lifted after supervising 20 hours worth of solo time? I already have way more than that, does it count?

pil
16th Jan 2004, 06:45
jonnypick,

with all due respect, i think that keygrip has hit the nail on the head here. LASORS will not only answer all of your original queries, but contains essential knowledge for any JAR instructor (whatever level) and should be read and inwardly digested. it answers all of your (and your future students) licencing questions.
just to help you on your way, the section that you are intrested in is
http://www.caa.co.uk/docs/175/Lasors_Section_H.pdf

this section will also answer your follow up question.

happy reading.