PDA

View Full Version : Help Wanted: Low Hours PPL need accomplice for Barra fly-in 24 April

solochick
13th Jan 2004, 06:19
I'm a low hours PPL from south east england who wants to make a trip to Barra. There is a fly-in in April. Is there a pilot out there willing to take me as co-pilot or passenger?

Keef
13th Jan 2004, 09:23
I'm not planning to go on the Barra fly-in, but there may be someone who is. It's worth asking around!

I often find myself flying a couple of empty seats on trips where I'm sure others would love to come along!

I looked to see if there is already a listing for Barra 2004 at http://www.thehangar.co.uk/flyindex/main.php - but there isn't (yet).

FlyingForFun
13th Jan 2004, 16:59
When is the fly-in? Is it a weekend? [Edit - because having read your post properly, I see that you've told us the date - and it is a weekend!]

I can't really commit to anything that far ahead, since I don't know what stage I'll be at on my Flying Instructor course, or whether I'll still be in my office job. But I rarely turn down a chance to fly - especially if it's something interesting like Barra. Keep me in mind in the unlikely event that no one else volunteers themself!

FFF
---------------

Circuit Basher
13th Jan 2004, 17:27
SC - no firm promises as I can't really commit that far ahead, but in principle, I'd be prepared to 'ride shotgun' if you wanted to fly from 'darn Sarf' and land at somewhere like Cumbernauld / Perth / Fife / Oban and then have company for the 'feet wet' bit. I've flown to Benbecula, which is essentially just North of Barra and it was quite straightforward.

Alternately, if you wished to fly one of the orange Airbusses to EDI, I could always take you to Perth and you could fly shotgun with me (but bring the Valium!!) ;)

Personally, I'd just say go for it - low hours or not, you must be capable of doing it or you wouldn't have the piece of poo brown plastic!

Max Steel
13th Jan 2004, 17:53
Hi Solochick

Check your PM's

Max:D