PDA

View Full Version : Is there a GA Airfield near Disneyland Paris

jayemm
12th Jan 2004, 05:56
Duty calls.

Have to 'do' Paris Disney.

Would like to avoid ferries and train.

Do you know of a tried, tested and GA-friendly airfield that's good for getting there (and back!)?

I'll be travelling from Blackbushe.

2Donkeys
12th Jan 2004, 06:30
You'll be wanting Lognes, to the east south-east of Paris. A very short distance by taxi or bus to Eurodisney.

Customs available by Prior Permission. The only downside is the need to be comfortable with the rather complex chunks of Paris airspace in that neck of the woods. Make sure your French charts are up to date, it changes often.

2D

CPilotUK
12th Jan 2004, 20:50
I took the family there last February and remember seeing a lot of light aircraft activity in the vicinity. Most of them flew in a particular direction at low level, typical of an approach to an airfield nearby.

Tall_guy_in_a_152
13th Jan 2004, 05:59
We had a club flyout to Disneyland Paris a few years ago. We used Meaux-Esbly (http://lfpe.free.fr/accueil/accueil.htm) airfield (LFPE), which is a bit closer to Disney than Lognes (and a bit closer to home!).

It has 4 huge grass runways and is controlled. It is (atleast, was) a customs field. The tower staff will order a taxi (they asked if we wanted one while on final). Cannot remember the landing fee / overnight parking, but I think it was very reasonable.

Have a good trip,

TG.