PDA

View Full Version : How long between finishing your FI course and starting first job?

Skippymon
12th Jan 2004, 00:07
I'm curious to hear how long people have had to wait between finishing their Instructor rating and starting work as an FI?

I am sure some people have gone straight into work, and others have waited a very long time, but I'd still like to hear other people's experiences!

Cheers

Big Pistons Forever
12th Jan 2004, 02:49
About 1.5 min :ok: My Flight school had a contract to train 18 Air Cadets in an intensive summer program. As the examiner was signing my license the CFI wondered over and said " I am glad you passed, we need instructors for the summer , are you interested ?. In retrospect it was the best possible way to start . The students had allready been screened for aptitude and motivation and I got 100 hours of instructing and recommended 3 first solo's and 3 PPL fkight tests in the first 2 months of working as an instructor. :D It only goes to show the eternal truth in aviation. It is better to be lucky than good.;)

Say again s l o w l y
12th Jan 2004, 07:27
5 hours into the course, the CFI (who was teaching me) offered me a job as I was demo'ing a spin recovery. Since I had a bit of spare capacity and was able to say "yes please" I got the job!