PDA

View Full Version : MEP-any prep you can recommend?

catherine
8th Jan 2004, 21:23
I am about to start my multi-engine rating at Wycombe Air Park and would like to do some preparation before I commence in order to try to minimise the hours I have to pay for!! I have recently invested in a Trevor Thom book to swat up on but wondered if anyone could recommend any other preparation that may help?

Thank you!

Keygrip
8th Jan 2004, 22:21
If you don't already have any - I would definately do some hours in a single engine complex (preferably of the same manufacturer).

If you have complex hours - then just read the book (or watch the video - but note that the videos tend to be FAA orientated and not ALL the information agrees with CAA/JAA principles and ideals).

Enjoy the course - GREAT fun (even just taxiing the beast).

Fancy giving us a blow-by-blow account of the lessons and test?? Lets all learn from it!!

Good luck!!

carbonfibre
8th Jan 2004, 23:34
I found the R.D. Campbell book very good when i did mine, easy to digest too.

I agree with the others if no complex time get a few hours in if you can, learn to get ahead of the aircraft as things happen a little quicker, not a lot quicker, but enough to upset your train of thought because there's 2 of everything to consider.

Good look with the MEP. :ok:

Jinkster
9th Jan 2004, 00:13
Just make sure you know your checklist, calm and have a good leg ready (cheeky) for the assymetric stuff!!!

Jinkster :ok:

catherine
9th Jan 2004, 17:13
Thanks everyone - will let you know how it all goes.

Shall try to get some complex hours in (need to get a few more before I can start the training) and will get reading!!

If anyone else has kept a diary of their MEP training please feel free to post it or PM me, will be interested to here other people's experiences!

Jinkster
9th Jan 2004, 17:34
Catherine,

Which ME aircraft are you flying? Is the rating for PPL or CPL?

What do you actually need to know?

Jinkster :ok: