PDA

View Full Version : ATC stinks!!!

Avman
4th Jan 2004, 05:22
Houston TRACON Deals With Sewage Leak

A busy Sunday morning at Houston's Terminal Radar Approach Control facility, working the post-Christmas rush, took a turn for the worse when staffers were faced with a messy, aromatic, and disgusting sewage spill inside the building. Controllers continued to work, taking breaks every 20 minutes to seek fresh air outside the facility. The FAA slowed the workload with ground delays, snarling traffic throughout the region. The sewage spill left 25 controllers reporting ill effects, including lightheadedness, nausea and headaches, according to a news release from the National Air Traffic Controllers Association (NATCA). The TRACON building has been troubled by flooding in the past, NATCA said. About 500 flights were delayed.

Red Four
4th Jan 2004, 06:06
Now that's what I call an ATC 'log-jam':)

bagpuss lives
4th Jan 2004, 06:29
Probably the only time ever that ATC actually *needed* a sh't stirrer :D

Flybywyre
4th Jan 2004, 07:18
Hope none of it hit the fan :eek:

Lon More
4th Jan 2004, 12:45
Must have bean the chili.

Dump at your convenience

Barnaby the Bear
4th Jan 2004, 15:42
At least you wouldn't have to get someone to take over your watch if you got caught short. Who would notice you do it where you are???.....:yuk: ........I just stepped over that thin line didn't I!????

TrafficTraffic
4th Jan 2004, 19:51
Did somebody call for a **** stirrer?

I have references if necessary!

:sad:

Nogbad the Bad
4th Jan 2004, 20:06
Hehehehehehe T-T !!

:ok:

Lon More
5th Jan 2004, 01:36
T-T I must be losing my touch, I was going to post exactly that earlier. Must be the lack of quality sleep

JustaFew
5th Jan 2004, 07:04
Too many floaters on shift :uhoh:

TrafficTraffic
5th Jan 2004, 14:13
T-T I must be losing my touch, I was going to post exactly that earlier. Must be the lack of quality sleep

I think you misspelled Sheep Lon

:cool:

Air Show Bob
5th Jan 2004, 17:28
I think its pretty "bog" standard for over there ....

Lon More
5th Jan 2004, 23:27
T-T Baaaaaa:*

You have to get up early to find a pretty one. You used to get up twelve hours beffore the rest of the world I believe.

Lon,

heading off into the sunset, wellies squelching in the mud

edited for increased insults

BN2A
6th Jan 2004, 04:31
And I always thought Brussels had problems with Flow Control....

:\

av8boy
7th Jan 2004, 15:29
Started my career in what we then called (and still call?) a "Type A" tower. Prefab.

http://aviationpolicy.org/rotating_images/smo_atct.jpg

Restroom was directly below the tower cab. The floor outside of the restroom had a steel hatch that could be removed so that equipment could be winched up to the level just below the cab. The hatch was a two piece arrangement and not a tight fit--you could see daylight around it and there was a substantial gap between the two sections. If you opened the hatch, it was a straight shot to the lobby floor, several stories below.

More than once, when controllers used the restroom, flushed the toilet, and then headed back up to the cab before making certain that the thing wasn't plugged, several gallons of, well, you know... made its way onto the floor of the restroom, out the door, and through the hatch seams. The size of the hatch was such that it made for a nice distribution of this, um, material, which pretty much rained down through the tower. People entering the building found themselves in a **** storm. It seemed so absurd...:uhoh:

Dave