PDA

View Full Version : Practical in Germany self teaching theory

Airbus.De
3rd Jan 2004, 23:15
I am trying to plan to do a PPL (A) in Hamburg, Germany. I need to combine the practical that I will do here in Hamburg BUT as my German language is not strong I need to do the theory/Exams in English.

I have heard a few roumers that I can sit the exams in Hamburg but in English?

If I was to return to the UK to take the PPL(A) theory exams will the be compatible with a German issue license under JAR-FCL1?

Can the English authorities send the Exams to the school here in Hamburg?

What are my possibilities?

I don't expect people to know all the answeres but places to ask, Internet sites/links, contacts Geman & English all would be welcome.

Kind Regards

ADe :ok:

chuks
10th Jan 2004, 02:42
Why not ask the Luftfahrtbundesamt (LBA) about this? I did my exams for the CPL-IFR in English.

I think you might hit a problem with the radio license, since the BZF (Beschrankte Funksprechzeugnis or restricted radio license) requires knowledge of basic German. There you have to do a practical test with the Post and Telegraph Authority in German.

In any case, you may find it very difficult to get very far in obtaining a license without the help of a school. Otherwise it can be very difficult to get test dates. Well, that was my experience.

For a PPL you might find it best to join a local flying club.

Good luck, in any case.