PDA

View Full Version : Tower visit?

scornwell
2nd Jan 2004, 22:19
Hi,

I've recently been invited to attend the selection tests in Bournemouth in March. I've done a load of reading of the forums discussed here and would really like to arrange a visit to a tower at international airports.

I'm a PPL and fly out of Shoreham, and as a result have been able to get a tower visit there, but obviously the work they do is very different to that done at a major international airport!

Can anyone help me with this, or point me the right direction of who I should contact? Gatwick would be my ideal as I live down in Brighton...

Cheers,

Steve

tigtog
2nd Jan 2004, 23:58
Steve,

If you pass the first stage of the selection process then NATS will ask you to arrange a visit to either an airport or a radar centre before you come for the second stage of tests (interviews).

They give you a list of contact no. etc at the time and I should imagine that Gatwick would be on it. The only reason they do it at the second stage is that the units couldn't cope with the no. of visitors there would be if everyone who went for the 1st stage tests came to visit so your probabaly better waiting.

Hope this helps. best of luck with the tests in March.

Cheers TT.