PDA

View Full Version : NATS Selection Tests (ATC) 10th Feb in London!

TicTac1982
1st Jan 2004, 00:25
Hi, got a pack this morning from NATS stating that my initial selection test date is 10.02.2004 at the London Docklands Hilton, anyone else attending this date?....
One last thing, anyone else notice that pages are missing from the NATS information pack contained within envelope?
cheers

Bright-Ling
1st Jan 2004, 00:48
One last thing, anyone else notice that pages are missing from the NATS information pack contained within envelope? :)

Good to see that things haven't changed then. They sent me a map to the old ATC tower many years back for my medical.

Good luck anyway!

PGM
7th Jan 2004, 21:01
Tic Tac 1982 - Is there any useful information you can pass on that will help preparation for the first stage. I have tests coming up in Manchester in March. Cheers

VectorLine
9th Jan 2004, 03:19
PGM look HERE (http://freespace.virgin.net/at.co/atco/resources/TEST%20DAY.htm)

Good Luck
VL

Inverted81
9th Jan 2004, 04:45
Hi all,
I've got my initial tests in London on 4th Feb!! Can't wait!! In the back of the NATS booklet there are details of some aircraft and respective capacities, flight levels, crusing speeds etc, does anyone know if we need to commit every detail of each aircraft to memory???? or is it just an example of the type of aircraft that can be handled in UK airspace?
Cheers and good luck everyone!
Chris

Brian81
9th Jan 2004, 05:07
Hi ChrisF,

I recently completed the aerodrome two stage of the training (the second part of the initial course when you get accepted). Although, in the technical tests I had as part of the interview process, I was not asked about aircraft characteristics, I would *strongly* advise you learn them anyway [just in case]

Example question you may be asked;

========
A 747 has just taken off from a southerly airfield, hes full of passengers;

a) where could he relalistically reach(destination wise)
b) how many people are likely to be on board?
c) what kind of height would he cruise at?
========

So be prepared! - PVT me if you want anymore example questions - cant guarantee they will be asked, but its worth the practise.

Back to the original question though, I'd start learning them now, because as you go through the courses, you'll definately need to know them anyway. They are also question topics in an oral board at the end of aerodrome two.

Hope this helps mate.

Bri.:cool: