PDA

View Full Version : need a car in luxembourg

dan eire
30th Dec 2003, 20:01
wassup everyone.im starting training for eurocontrol on feb 23rd and i am looking to buy a car to use their.is there anyone out there selling a car that is registered in luxembourg????also any info on how much car tax and insurance is in lux wud be much appreciated.
thanx a mill
happy new year
dan

Flypuppy
31st Dec 2003, 04:59
Dan,

Drop me a PM. I may be able to help.

aluminium persuader
31st Dec 2003, 18:58
Dan

Check your PMs.

ap (soon to be ex-ELLX)

WX Man
31st Dec 2003, 22:51
My advice... get somewhere in town and s*d having a car. I survived without one, just using buses. The first time I needed one was when I was moving to Maastricht. A one month bus ticket for 2 zones+centre (basically allows you to commute from one side of the city to the other) is about €20(?). The bus up to the Institute (13,18, and 21 if memory serves me correctly) will take you on to the supermarket (Auchan).

Obviously if you live outside of the town you will need a car.

dan eire
3rd Jan 2004, 07:39
thanx a mill guys.i'll check my pm's now.
cheers wx man.helpful as always

Red Dragon
3rd Jan 2004, 22:55
Hi Dan,

When you get there pick up a copy Lux Bazar from a newsagent. You'll find loads of used cars in there, but you need to know the local jargon. My advice would be to take your time and don't rush into anything. Get around as many dealers as you can.
Insurance is expensive so take any no claims bonus with you if you have any. Not too much choice between companies but shop around. I saved a bundle by changing after one year. Le Foyer ( a Luxembourgish company) is expensive. Try Assurance Mutuelle D'Europe. Road tax isn'y bad.

Hope this helps.

:ok: