PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft rental in florida

A and C
29th Dec 2003, 01:08
I,m looking to rent an aircraft in Florida in April for a trip up to Atlanta.

I dont want the trip to take forever so a top of the range single is what I have in mind.

Some advice on who is good to rent from would be a great help.

Thanx !

Greystoke999
29th Dec 2003, 01:38
Wings and Wheels at Winter Haven (KGIF) are excellent. They charge about $47 wet for a C172 or warrior and that is on tacho time so you can get 10 minutes more in every hour! I know its not the fastest single but it certainly is well priced.
It is run by an english couple so feels just like home.
They are at www.wingsandwheelsfl.com

Keygrip
29th Dec 2003, 01:41
Well - are you starting from Key West or Tallahassee?

Top of the range single? Malibu Meridian, PC12....or Arrow?

How long for - and how many hours you planning to do? 4 hours in 14 days = not good. Are you current (class rating)? Have you any passengers or freight to get in??

IFR or VFR?? Current FAA ratings for whatever - or safety pilot?

How many hours do you have on type? (Insurance man is bound to ask).

When did you last fly one?

Give us something to work with if you want us to do the homework for you.

B2N2
29th Dec 2003, 01:58
HeHeHe, good one Keygrip.
Why not skip the hassle and fly into Atlanta first time around?
For a trip like that you may want to use a plane you trust instead of your average run of the mill piston-popper available at the cheaper places.
YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR !!:} :} :}

A and C
29th Dec 2003, 02:12
I would be starting in or around Orlando and I would want the aircraft for three or four days.

I hold an FAA CPL/IR (multi) and a PPL (SE) based on my UK ATPL and a total time of about 7500 hours.

I have not flown an american registered aircraft for about five years but have no trouble doing at least 50 to 60 hours IFR flying a month.

I would think that I an current enough to fly an IR renewal as part of a check ride for the guys who would rent me the aircraft.

A Beech or Mooney would be what I had in mind ( so Mrs A and C could fly it ) but a twin such as a Baron would be OK at the right price however I think that a turbine might be a bit over the top (but fun).