PDA

View Full Version : Black Bottle, Dawn to Dusk etc

Aim Far
19th Dec 2003, 22:34
Before their recent exposure on Pprune, I had never heard of either of these great excuses for flying. I just wondered if there were any others I should know about? The lists in Pilot magazine tend mostly to be fly-ins - I think I'm after something a little more esoteric. Any thoughts?

AerBabe
19th Dec 2003, 22:44
British Woman Pilots' Associaton - Chairwoman's Challenge.
Mini D2D where they give you a theme and you have to interpret it. For example, last year "Defence of the Realm", this year "Food and Drink". The flight is max. 120 min. Great introduction to D2D. :ok:

My flying group also runs an annual 'Secretary's Rally', open to anyone who wants to join in. Clues are given, from which you work out the route. Then you are given a set of photographs of places you should be able to identify from the air. There's also a spot landing competition at the end, and points given on planned time vs. actual time.

Whirlybird
19th Dec 2003, 23:54
The Malta Air Rally sounds like a lot of fun and a good excuse for flying halfway across Europe. I don't know any details though - maybe try a search?

Kingy
20th Dec 2003, 00:27
Talking of the Malta Air Rally - Check out the story by Reg McComish in the latest Popular Flying. All I'll say is crikey..!

:eek:

Kingy