PDA

View Full Version : Eurocontrol Start Date

horseylady
16th Dec 2003, 19:37
I have just received the happy news that I have passed both the second stage and the medical and once paper-work is filled in etc. am due to start the course inLuxembourg on the 23rd February 2004!!!! Anyone else in the same boat? I have read a little bit about accommodation in Luxembourg but was wondering if anyone had any more info or advice?!

Cheers

:ok:

360BakTrak
17th Dec 2003, 04:30
Horselady,
Try commuting from Nice...........I know a Frenchman who does that! (Lucky G!t)!
Fantastic news, well done! Will look forward to emptying your post box in the new year!!! (The weather had better be good!):ok:

Lon More
17th Dec 2003, 06:00
Congratulations, that was the easy part.
The accomodation part has been covered here often in the past.
Try a search on Eurocontrol accomodation Luxembourg on this forum.

fourthreethree
17th Dec 2003, 19:13
Wheres WXMan? This is his usual kettle of fish!;)

Well done and congratulations, and good luck in your future career:ok:

horseylady
18th Dec 2003, 00:14
Cheers guys!

Will do a bit of a search then!

:ok: :D :ok:

Radar
18th Dec 2003, 05:39
Lon,
Nice to see you still frequent these here parts :D How goes it on the outside??? Merry Christmas BTW

TrafficTraffic
18th Dec 2003, 13:11
Merry Christmas - Bah Humbug

Radar
19th Dec 2003, 03:43
:confused: :confused:

TT ... Who's Bah Humbug?? Are they the new loct comin' to town???

WX Man
19th Dec 2003, 05:31
Where's WX Man, right here....

Yep, the post about accomodation in Luxembourg was mine (try a search under my username).

If you want to talk more about trying to find somewhere to live in Lux at short notice, talk to me! I am happy to give you some advice. Having done it not once, not twice, but 3 times!!!

If you don't contact me and find somewhere yourself, don't forget to go to Liquid (Rue Munster, in the Grund). It's fanbloodytastic.

PS... "Where are they now: AB33". This one has just passed the first 7 ATPL exams, not a single one below 86% (average 93%)! Even more fanbloodytastic!

Still the not very proud owner of a Diahatsu Fourtrak and the proud owner of an Audi A3. Neither of which have been sold. Yet.

Lon More
19th Dec 2003, 20:40
TT - Bah Humbug - Do you mean "The Alternative Christmas Album" on Greentrax G2CD7007?

RADAR - down but not out, visit the Doc in the New Year, then just Competency Assessment:ok:

Lon More
Here since before Pontius was a Pilot or Mortus a Rigger

robbie d
30th Dec 2003, 21:32
Are Eurocontrol still only recruiting ab-initio`s or are they now recruiting experianced radar controllers from member states aswel?

K. Soze
31st Dec 2003, 00:41
As far as I know - still only ab-initio's.

Euroc5175
31st Dec 2003, 01:25
I rented an apartment out on a farm in Manternach (out near Grevenmacher). It's about a 15 minute blat up the motorway to the Institute.

Mind you, this was 10 years ago now, so not sure if the farm is still in the same hands. A very friendly landlady named 'Gritty' (or something similar) used to run the place and lived in the adjacent farm house with her family.

The place used to be in the Eurocontrol literature that they send out as joining instructions.

Have fun in Luxembourg. It's a nice little town, but very quiet, especially at week-ends!

Lon More
31st Dec 2003, 21:17
Euroc 5175

Just loked at your profile.

First logged in in 1969 ??????

Euroc5175
2nd Jan 2004, 07:18
lol Lon-more,

Well, I arrived on mother earth in Dec 1969. Not quite sure how that has been picked up as date of first registration!

I enjoy my visits back to Lux and Maastricht every now and then. I was over in Luxembourg sipping a few pints a couple of months ago when I gave a presentation at a Eurocontrol workshop. And I'm back in Maastricht in mid Feb for this years ATC Exhibition.

I still have fond memories of arriving at the Carlton hotel in Luxembourg, along with the rest of my in-take, and being somewhat dismayed at the initial accommodation that had been set aside for us. I think it was done on purpose to encourage us to find 'digs' asap!