PDA

View Full Version : Buying a SuperCub

ChiSau
10th Dec 2003, 16:15
Looking for advice from those more experienced PPRuNers out there.......

I'd like to buy a SuperCub, or a part-share, but despite scouring the magazines and trawling the internet I cannot find many aircraft for sale.

Are they really that rare? Or am I just missing a trick and failing to look in an obvious place?

All advice gratefully received!

Thanks

:ok:

M14P
10th Dec 2003, 16:30
I tried to get a Cub (C of A as opposed to permit a/c) and found it very difficult.

I came to the conclusion that they are a little rare but mainly they are loved to the point of indispensibility to their owners. If you have the money you could even consider an Aviat Husky - residual values are good and you benefit from everything being new and guaranteed!

Good luck

ToryBoy
10th Dec 2003, 17:29
PM me ChiSau as I think I might know of a lovely one for sale that is being marketed very quietly.

The owner has had it for 19 years and is leaving the country.

Aerohack
10th Dec 2003, 18:01
There's a batch of ex-Israel Air Force Super Cubs for sale in the UK at the moment, but they're restoration projects and would have to be operated on the FAA Register, so probably not for you. Have you checked www.supercub.org?

Justiciar
10th Dec 2003, 21:01
ChiSau

Check you PMs!

QDMQDMQDM
11th Dec 2003, 04:54
Try joining the Vintage Piper club: http://www.vintagepiper.com/

Let them know what you're looking for and they will help.

There are loads of Super Cubs out there and if you're serious you will find what you want in 3-6 months, max.

Beware of buying European. I explored it, but there are all kinds of pitfalls. I'm not saying don't do it, just be very careful.

QDM