PDA

View Full Version : From SITA to LH Sys

colorblind
7th Dec 2003, 02:45
Any ops having started with LH Sys coming from SITA ?
If so, what are your feelings ?

Tony_EM
7th Dec 2003, 03:31
I started with Reciber, Iberia's system which is very similar to LH's, then went on to BABS (or DCS as it was known to us) and eneded up with Singapores version.

I thought SITA was just the operating system through which we could access the wgt/bal or PH systems.

Whooaahh
11th Dec 2003, 00:29
You'll only find one of those (Qatar Airways) and they dumped LIDO and came back less than a year later...but what do I know, I'm only a salesman, eh, OpsDog!!

LIDO was apparently "oversold and overpriced".

Whooaahh!!

FL460
16th Dec 2003, 19:32
Tony_EM
Yes you are right SITA does provide the connectivity but they have also been providing flight planning services to the aviation world since 1983, and I think have over have over 240 customers worldwide (previous info from Whooaah in another thread)
Check out [email protected] for more info.

cheers

ohitsmonday
20th Dec 2003, 04:36
Tony
I think the thread is about flt planning systems rather than accessing various DCS's via SITA's CUTE

However great statement on another thread, big respect.

Tony_EM
20th Dec 2003, 06:39
Thanks ohitsmonday, means a lot to get support from those I respect.

I wanted very much to get into flight planning, to complete the picture so to speak, but I had little chance working for those outfits. Having a PPL (albeit out of date) and doing a lot of flight plan/WX/notam compiling and briefing made me think it wouldn't have been too hard. I was tempted to get an FAA despatch course, but events have made such desires redundant.

Keep up the good work guys

RazorT
18th Jan 2004, 08:08
SIA USE LIDO TO REPLACE THE PHOENIX CFP SYSTEM.
SO SIA CAN CENTRALIZE THE FLIGHT PLANING SYSTEM,WHILE FLIGHT PLANNER IN SIA ARE EXTRENELY "PROFESSIONAL",,SO A LOT OF JOKE!!!!