PDA

View Full Version : Reporting Points - Help Please !

EGCC Rwy 24
4th Dec 2003, 03:53
Nope,

Not the usual scream for more stuff for my site (http://www.reportingpoints.info), but a request for help with a question that has just been asked of me....

ANITO - I believe it's between LARGA and SOPEK and is heard quite often on 128.125. Where is it please as it is not on your site?

ANITO is not in the UK AIP (which may well be 'cos it's not a UK point). But it's not in the Eurocontrol database either. That suggests it does not exist, but this guy is sure it does.

Clues please!!

Thanks

Nick

BOAC
4th Dec 2003, 04:14
Only one I can get close with is ANETO which is on the 'pair-of-knees' on the French/Spanish border, I think?

EGCC Rwy 24
4th Dec 2003, 04:33
Thanks BOAC. I have already tried ANETO which is where you said it is and also ANETI which is towards Norway.

This guy is convinced that it is heard from aircraft leaving the UK over the East coast near Lowestoft.

I remain bemused ........ but will not be defeated!!

Someone who works 128.125, please stand up and be counted!!

Cheers

bagpuss lives
4th Dec 2003, 05:36
Are they sure it's not ENITO?

Tis often heard on 128.12MHz and is roughly in the same geographic area you're talking about.

5milesbaby
4th Dec 2003, 06:14
Hey EGCC, you know about the recent restructuring of the London Hurn sector recently?

Basically BARLU and FAWBO have now been replaced by AKIKI and GARMI respectively as U/B11 has been renumbered and realigned U/N867. Also now introduced to the east of this track (but not quite parallel) is U/N861 which runs REDNO-EPATI-KOTEM-AVANT and is used for all EGGW/SS/SC/BB/BE/NX inbounds plus overflights going further afield.

We have had a major change of airroute numbering due to European harmanisation, ie G1 is now L9, A1 is N615 etc. Most however have retained their original beacons.

EGCC Rwy 24
4th Dec 2003, 14:32
Niteflite - I do believe you've cracked it !! As ever, thanks.

5milesbaby - Yep, thanks. The point updates are already on the site. The routes (a relatively new addition, that I probably wish I'd never started!) are getting on there as fast as I can key them in from the AIP. All the lowers (an supersonics?!?!) are done. I have a stack of paper about 0.25 inches thick - that's the remaining uppers!! That said, if you have any PDF diagrams of Hurn etc..... all welcome!!

Thanks,

Nick