PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Air Traffic Controllers Annual Dinner

caniplaywithmadness
2nd Dec 2003, 01:32
Just posting to thank the organisers of Fridays Dinner and the poor bar staff in the Officers Mess at RAF Leuchars, for a great night on Friday.

It was a shame that more of my civil colleagues couldn't have made it on the night - you missed out on lots of FREE beer, lots of CHEAP beer, a superb dinner, dancing till God knows what time (I gave up at about 2-30), tug of war with Beer Barrels (Well done Lossie, I don't think anyone beat you did they?).

A great night was had by all, looking forward to doing it again next year :ok: :ok: :ok:

Spitoon
2nd Dec 2003, 01:35
Ahhh, the Officers Mess. And there was me thinking it was going to be black pudding supper and deep fried Mars bar to follow.

DC10RealMan
2nd Dec 2003, 04:35
Ahh! The officers mess. Some of the messes I have stayed in I would have been grateful for a deep fried Mars barand black pudding.

PH-UKU
2nd Dec 2003, 07:43
<It was a shame that more of my civil colleagues couldn't have made it on the night >

Didn't know anything about it - was it advertised, invitated around any civil units ?

I'd have loved to come, but I'm only psychic at work (when dealing with Leuchars and Buchan) ;)

yaffs
2nd Dec 2003, 12:52
ditto phuku!!!

most civie atco's generally dont even need a formal invite!! just a whisper of free/cheap beer is all it takes!!!!

yaffs

niknak
2nd Dec 2003, 20:27
There wouldn't have been any point in the English attending - the Jocks would have snaffled all the free beer, the Welsh would have got to the cheap ale way before us, and the Irish would have won all the fighting and tug of war competitions on their own...... :p

Findo
2nd Dec 2003, 22:07
Don't think we were invited :{ :{ :{

jack-oh
4th Dec 2003, 02:46
I'll claim victory for Lossie in the Tug of war, judging by the amount of injuries in the radar room on Monday (that no one could quite remember how they occurred) we must have been doing something right. As far as I was aware Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen were all represented as well as Lossie, Kinloss, Leuchars and ScATCC(Mil). I am not sure about ScATCC(Civ), Prestwick, Inverness or any of the smaller units. This was the second one I have been to and I am looking forward to the next. Hopefully it will continue to grow. As for going to bed at 02:30! THERE WAS STILL BEER ON THE BAR.

Oh yeah, to set the record straight Buchan is not an ATC unit, it is a bunch of cowboys who don’t really understand any of the rules, who's sole purpose if life is trying to weld 2 aircraft together in mid air.

Thanks Kim for organising the hole thing.

MATZ
4th Dec 2003, 04:18
Jack-oh - did you need to mention Kims hole?

The Jaguar Fan Club
4th Dec 2003, 05:13
Indeed a fantastic event! I finally left the bar at 0345 and there were still plenty of full pints going begging on the bar and Girly WSO thongs on display (well one anyway, shame about the conversation!) :hmm:

Well done to Lossie for trouncing the rest of us at tug of war! I was well out of practice, and it showed!! I think your (new) SATCO must have it programmed as part of your training in between his duties with the Kamikazee Korean Rules Society! :E

Thanks for a great event Kim! Looking forward to next year all ready!
:ok:

TJFC

Scott Voigt
6th Dec 2003, 12:01
So, who won the Hagis eating contest?????

Scott

Findo
8th Dec 2003, 21:03
Scott - Haggis are protected until the winter equinox (22nd December) to allow the young to mature sufficiently.

You could use frozen haggis but fresh is much better and going by the comments here serious damage would have been done with a mighty heavy frozen haggis.

;) ;)

Scott Voigt
9th Dec 2003, 10:42
Findo;

Fresh Hagis would indeed be my choice... Didn't know that you had to wait for it though. I seem to be able to get it when I am over there <G>...

regards

Scott