PDA

View Full Version : AC Against TC

MancBoy
1st Dec 2003, 01:48
It may just be me, but has anyone felt that the 80 miles of motorway between LACC and TC has made the attitudes between the units worse???

I'm not taring everyone with the same brush, but I think once TC move down to Swanwick the sarcasm between some sectors will have reached boiling point and will end up being sorted out by, or in, the pond.

Having been valid in both rooms I know that there's always been a them and us problem, possibly left over from the original breakaway of TC a few years ago when 'the cream of the crop' left AC and instilled the 'hatred' in their UT's.

Part of the problem now is that newly valid people have spent no time on the respective TC/AC sectors that they hand traffic off to and I wonder if this be resolved with more liasion visits??

Management note- maybe the TDU should have a boxing ring set up??

Connex
1st Dec 2003, 02:31
ATCOs with an attitude problem??
Whatever next!!! (ho ho ho!!)
:p :p

Jerricho
1st Dec 2003, 02:34
An ATSA who calls himself Connex without a chip on his shoulder.

Connex
1st Dec 2003, 02:36
Jerricho - where are you??!!:p :p :p :p :p

Jerricho
1st Dec 2003, 02:40
Learning how to spell............

You taken that mask off yet? Oh, I see you have.

Seriously though, with the number of "newer" bods in seats in both places, perhaps the old AC/TC battle lines may fade somewhat.

I do like the idea of the boxing ring in the TDU. Or them big Sumo suit thingies.

Arkady
1st Dec 2003, 04:39
I don't think relations are poor between the units.

I do think that the lack of oppurtunity for a "full and frank exchange of views" face to face at the moment means the tensions hang around a little longer. It really used to put things into perspective when barging in next door to give some jumped up squirt of a TC ATCO a piece of your mind to find that you had to wait twenty minutes to be able to speak to him. Usually calmed down by then.

Findo
1st Dec 2003, 06:27
No its just AC against TC, France, Maastricht, Brussels, Scottish, Manchester and Shannon. And of course AC are right.

When TC move down it will be one less and London will be one big happy unit. ;)

Asda
1st Dec 2003, 18:02
It's not only the "full and frank exchange of views" when people shot through the swing doors that's missing, but also the casual chat over a cup of coffee in the restaurant. I always felt I learnt something useful in those quieter moments and it generally helped to smooth the waters. I agree, as time goes on, and as more and more youthful controllers appear on the scene, (it's like policemen getting younger) the strongly held opinions tend to get diluted. The sooner we're all on the same site the better - apart from the car parking.