PDA

View Full Version : The Exodus Begins at QR?

homesick rae
26th Nov 2003, 19:05
I hear from a reliable source that 57 cabin crew have left QR in the past 2 weeks!!

I know a few are heading South to Etihad, including a Performance Supervisor and other highly experienced crew.

Will AAB ever get the message?

I doubt it!

newscaster
26th Nov 2003, 20:24
Also strange that no airline has launched operations to Doha despite QR expanding rapidly, their bilaterals should have brought in loads of major and small airlines, the only ones they have gained are Lufthansa and Garuda Indonesia both in code share and small airlines like Aero Asia and Shaheen Airlines from Pakistan, thats about it.

dupont3700
26th Nov 2003, 21:17
Homesick,

how about BA, don't you think the British would rather fly for BA then for QR where there's nothing to do?

Greetz

goldstar
26th Nov 2003, 22:16
SO GUYS,

WHAT IS THE STORY WITH PAY AND CONDITIONS AT QR
HOW COME YOU GUYS ARE BEHIND EVERYBODY ELSE. ARE YOU NOT A VERY RICH COUNTRY, ARE YOU NOT A NATIONAL CARRIER,ARE YOU NOT THE FASTEST GROWING AIRLINE IN THE WORLD THAT TAKES YOU PERSONEL.......AH THAT IS WHY YOU ALL WANT TO LEAVE,I HEAR A LOT OF THE RENTS GOING UP,NO PROBLEM IM SURE THE HR DEPT. WILL PULL OUT ALL THE STOPS TO HELP YOU GUYS......AH THAT IS WHY YOU ALL WANT TO LEAVE.
I HEAR THERE IS A PACKAGE ON THE DESK, GATHERING DUST...........AH THAT IS WHY YOU ALL WANT TO LEAVE

homesick rae
26th Nov 2003, 22:58
Dupont of course they would...except me cos i'm biased!! But I am, and I am sure you are, glad to be out of it and enjoying life elsewhere with a better company who look after their staff.

Cheers

HR

newswatcher
26th Nov 2003, 23:22
Newscaster, this appeared in July Qatar and the UK yesterday signed an upgraded, bilateral Air Services Agreement (ASA) that provides for national carrier Qatar Airways and designated British airlines to operate 14 flights each between Doha and London every week. The new ASA offers Qatar Airways and British Airways and another UK carrier to operate 14 flights per week between Doha and London Heathrow or London Gatwick airports. Qatar Airways, he said, currently operates 13 weekly flights between Doha and London Heathrow. In addition, the two carriers can also operate seven cargo freighters between Doha and London every week. The UK has also designated another carrier, British Midland Airlines, to operate flights between Doha and London.

newscaster
27th Nov 2003, 15:10
Thats an interesting development regarding British Midland to Doha, I wonder if they will be interested in expanding eastwards, they should though to break the monopoly of British Airwayys in the region i.e, infact another website mentioned them also being allowed to fly to Pakistan.

But Qatar should be getting more airlines from other countries that they fly to as well.

A300Man
27th Nov 2003, 18:32
The bmi approval to fly to Doha is something that has been in the pipeline for quite some time. Indeed, Star Alliance is viewing Doha as it's future Middle East hub, with bmi, Lufthansa and, eventually, Qatar Airways, all operating an enhanced hub and spoke network out of Doha. Look out for reciprocal greater QR codesharing across the bmi European and US networks. This is inevitable and will happen shortly.

However, in terms of market share, QR - who are less reliant on financial backing and funding than the others, will simply undercut all other players and retainmarket share.

e.g. It is highly unlikely that TCN traffic from Dhaka, for example, will arrive in Doha and wait twelve hours for the next bmi flight to LHR. Instead, QR will retain this lucrative traffic through competitive pricing.

ETIHAD AND QR EXODUS

Yes - the very same is a fact. Indeed, there are not one but two QR Performance Supervisors leaving to joinEtihad, as well as several crew and CSD's, many long serving. One of the PS has alread resigned and thereis already at LEAST one QR CSD flying in the Etihad uniform!

Sad......

Last but not least, I hear that QR will cancel their orders for the A346HGW and replace with 773-ER.

jet4hire
27th Nov 2003, 23:46
Yes Sir, I love QR; but, I believe your company has a lot more to offer as far as compensations, treatment and a relax working environment. The training was more than papers and reading material!! It was fun!!! and enjoyable! STC's great to get along and no long faces or intimidations! Culturally a great experience.

:cool:

homesick rae
28th Nov 2003, 05:05
So, A300 Man, do you think GAS can give me a job then?!!!;)

Good to see you back on here!

HR & Co

Qatari515
28th Nov 2003, 14:24
Where is the initial post?

Exodus at QR???? Really? Now thats a surprise, why would anybody want to leave this company.

Its getting worse here, nothing is changing . Only the world markets are opening up and thats a really good thing!

:yuk:

newscaster
28th Nov 2003, 14:59
I have heard too that QR trainers are very rude and there been instances of trainee crew quitting because of that, one thread at another forum said that they were so obnoxious that at times osme of the girls would actually start crying and yet they would be taunting them, the topic dealt with the posters female freind's experience who quit during training.

newswatcher
28th Nov 2003, 17:47
gulf news article (http://www.gulfnews.com/Articles/news.asp?ArticleID=103970)

homesick rae
29th Nov 2003, 01:14
I know that some of the crew were initially "scared" to make the move, but I am pleased for the ones who have. They deserve better treatment and I sincerely hope that they receive it at Etihad.

Good luck to them.

newscaster
29th Nov 2003, 02:26
Even Bahrain and Gulf Air were never so overly ambitious in the good times when BAH was handling loads of airlines from the east and the west Qantas, Singapore Airlines, Pan Am and British Airways Concorde service and GF was reigning supreme in the region(there was no Emirates). I realised QR were over doing it when they orderd the A380 quite obviously a prestige/image related mistake, if they need big aircraft they should have stuck with their sole 747-200 and later gone for the 744 if the image thing was so important.

Qatar has yet to gain its status as a competitor to Kuwait, Bahrain, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.

gulf-crew
1st Dec 2003, 10:02
Latest news I have heard is that its now 85 cabin crew and 24 flight deck have now quit the ever so popular Akbar Airways. Also 3 aircraft grounded as no one to fly it

Things seems to be looking up for the bouncer.

Anyone got any further info. Probably wont bother the little man anyway (oops called him a man my mistake sorry)

Regards
GC:ok:

ayomide
13th Dec 2003, 18:32
From my own experience at QR I can't say I thought the trainers were rude, only tough. If you made a mistake during training you had to proove them wrong later and that was difficult because at that time they were more attentive and could question you.

homesick rae
13th Dec 2003, 21:15
Only one or two of the trainers are qualified for the position. Most have just been lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time...attached to AAB's rear!

SAW
18th Dec 2003, 12:22
How much weight does QR put on type rating or would a respectable total time make any difference.

krotch
18th Dec 2003, 13:03
Hey Saw
I was invited to a A320 F/O interview about 2 weeks ago. They confirmed my interview date with me and then asked for my license which I sent to them. I few days later I recieved an email from them uninviting me to the interview because I did not have a type rating. Pretty unprofessional of them.
Good Luck

Krotch

SAW
18th Dec 2003, 13:12
Hey Krotch,

That kinda answers my question. Thanks man:yuk:

Bang
18th Dec 2003, 17:20
It is confirmed that only one EX-QR csd (HT) is working at Etihad and not any other yet.plus another EX QR CSD (GD) has got the job and starting early next year in a different role.

Crew who are already employed with QR has not been given the job.there obviously is a QR-Etihad ban.

Regarding 53 Resignations,..thats not true,it is however true many crew including Senior grades left the company,but not as many as 53.

Goldstone
22nd Dec 2003, 03:45
I don't know about the exodus at QR "beginning"?

It's been going on on a permanent basis for the past three years at least. And until Snackbar gets overthrown it's likely to continue. The good news is that everyone who has left is much happier than they were in miserable, boring Doha. There is life after QR and a much more enjoyable one at that.

Capt Krunch
22nd Dec 2003, 11:15
Now, Now ladies..

On a lighter note, Over the past couple of years I 'am enjoying my time at QR.. what more could one ask for.. The money is always in the bank on time, the Aircraft Maint. is good. The destinations and layovers (fleet dependant) are great. I live in a very tropical climate were the sun shines in blue skies at least 360 days a year.. and it has to be said, that this is certainly the safest place, in terms of crime that I have ever lived in my life.

I have worked for much worse companies, I have worked harder for much less money, I have lived in much more dangerous environments... so I really can't see the problem here,, and if so many people are so unhappy,,, why do they stay??? .. But of course many leave.. this place is not for everyone.. But certainly not as bad as some would make it out to be.

It's all what you want to make of it...

Keeping in mind.. It’s their country, and their airline, their airplanes, their uniforms and their money in my bank account.. so I will do things their way or I’ll get out.... stay out of the politics and everything is quite good..

Sometimes the journey can be just as good as the destination

Bangkok Layover
24th Dec 2003, 03:13
bang, very interesting information given on the post.

how sure are you that "GD" is joining Etihad and how do you get these information? if you cannot write on the forum,why not PM me.I would realy like to know this.

By the way who is CSD "HT"? maybe I just dont get it,but been there so for many years and cannot simply get the name right.

Bang
26th Dec 2003, 17:19
I am certain about what is written there. Check your PM.

A300Man
27th Dec 2003, 16:25
GD would have been an excellent asset to Etihad, or any other carrier, whether in the cabin or the classroom. Pity previous employer (QR) were too stupid to realise it.

Anyway, their loss is someone elses gain, and all that............

homesick rae
27th Dec 2003, 19:33
He's happy now, which is what he deserves...

ayomide
27th Dec 2003, 19:53
I don't understand what everybody is complaining about.

QR is an equal employer and treat their crew fair, but there are worse employers, even in modern countries with unions. People who seem to be complaining most about working conditions and how they treat others, are those from countries that have unions and compare it how it works in their countries. That's wrong.

Many of us who worked and work with QR are dependant of our salariesy and have never seen this amount of money before. I hadn't seen so much money before and working for them was luxury. The working conditions were good and I never felt once used. They paid me money and gave me accommodation. What did I have to do? Go to work and do what I was told. We all have obligations when it comes to work, no matter where you work.

But if you come from a country where you are used to certain regulations and have a union behind you that pretects you, maybe QR is not the place for you.

homesick rae
30th Dec 2003, 02:39
Ayomide,

I am glad that you enjoy(ed) your job at QR...I did too, to an extent, but I was not allowed to perform to my capabilities due to the management of BG and his pet SnaKe. (neither were any of the CSDs/CS)

I went to work and did my job, enjoyed the country as much as possible...played golf, enjoyed the sea and enjoyed the nightlife to an extent as well. I had 3 circles of friends: one QR and two outside where I really enjoyed my days off.

From your posts I gather you are relatively young and have not had previous Gulf experience and probably not much work experience. ( I apologise if I am wrong)

I will never regret my time at QR, but I will always state facts about what went on, what goes on and what will continue to go on, as long as AAB is at the helm and Master Bates and Seaman Stanes are involved with the Cabin Crew!!

I wish you well as I do anyone previously or presently involved with the airline....the exodus will continue...and continue...and continue...

All the best.

HR

ayomide
30th Dec 2003, 09:23
I enjoyed my work with QR all the time. Being far away from home was worth the money. QR was my first experience in the Gulf and that was good.

RJA is looking for female cabin crew, KU also I think. I should give them a try now!

By the way, I wrote you a PM.

Bang
31st Dec 2003, 13:37
Latest is that,QR crew GIRLS cannot entertain even the female friends after dark.male members of the team are getting security down at the crew buildings.

SNAKE is keeping a very low profile these days,some say he sees whats posted here on Pprune and now trying to be the good guy.(which he never means) BG keeps on showing the SNAKE Pprune comments.

.....Give it afew weeks,snake will be back the usual nasty way!!

HR, answer to your 2nd page Question:-

GD works for a better Airline now.and will be working in a higher position for another better company by next year.

He certainly deserves the best.new Airline recognized his capabilities and are making good use of him,whilst QR got involved in Politics and lost him and a few good others.

A300Man
31st Dec 2003, 15:51
Very accurate comments, Bang.

homesick rae
31st Dec 2003, 17:47
Long gone are the days when the Snake's briefings were monitored by the the then HOCC! His reputation in his previous airline was just as bad! One of his many problems is that he will never admit he is wrong. I recall a conversation with him where I corrected him regarding a crewing issue and offered proof. He called crewing and was told the same, yet he would not back down...well now I hear he is moaning to the PSs and such about the state of the airline (crew wise)...

When premium flights go without a full crew complement (no CS) it really is a bad sign...pax have complained and rightly so.

I also hear that the crewing dept had a virus sent and they lost track for a few days! Calling crew who were on overseas trips!!

Surprised that Mr. Misery BG is still there. He is such a wet blanket and a useless manager...spinelesss. Better off staying on the Golf Course having conversations with himself.

Bang: I am in touch with GD and aware of his movements. Good to hear.

ayomide
1st Jan 2004, 02:53
Bang: "QR crew girls cannot entertain even the female friends after dark", what is this suppose to mean?

No offense, but I can understand why you and all others who say they work or have worked feel miserable at QR. If you keep believing that everything is bad, get upset about everything and sneak into other people's business, of course you are getting yourself into problems.

During my time with them, never once did I ever experience anything of what you are saying. Nor did my friends and many of those are still there very happy!

Just leave and all your problems will be gone in no time.

Bang
2nd Jan 2004, 14:18
Ayomide,

Thanks for the comments,but we all have reasons for sticking to this place or reasons have been made for us,to stick to this place.

It is a pleasure to hear that you had good time at QR plus your current friends are enjoying QR. I,however find it more than difficult to belive.because NO ONE is happy here.

* What I meant in my previouse post was,that female crew are no more allowed to have even "female friends" in their apartments.
...sure you got the entertainment part mixed up,isnt it? hehe...

:)

ayomide
2nd Jan 2004, 15:17
No job is worth all that effort you keep writing about. There are better jobs elsewhere. No bonds can be signed for cabin crew either, because they don't do such bonds! Which means you are free to leave, today.

Talked to a friend yesterday in Qatar and she sounded happy!

Bang
3rd Jan 2004, 19:35
Cabin Crew DO sign bonds and I have signed bonds in the past and present as well.

easier said " you re free to go" than done.

Happy for your friend who is happy there.must be 01 in 1000.

ayomide
3rd Jan 2004, 19:46
Yes, bonds for each month, but not any longer. I worked there, I know what it's like.

homesick rae
3rd Jan 2004, 21:01
The fact remains that crew are constantly being ill treated at QR. Whether it happens to you or not is irrelevant. It DOES go on!

A long serving CSD has recently resigned and is having difficulty receiving her clearance payment.

One particular PS (YB) has been calling a CSD saying that his PAs are not procedure. Meanwhile she operates a flight and tells the CSD NOT to use the whiteboard in the briefing (which is procedure) despite the fact that someone lost out on promotion for something similar!!

YB is the same as BG and SK. Brown nose all the way. She waltzed into QR as if she was better than anyone else. Was fast tracked up the ranks whilst more suitable and better qualified people were pushed aside. She has no idea on how to manage her crew and criticises the slightest thing even though she has no idea about procedures!

Oh and check this out: A PEW flight was paired DOH PEW LHE DOH. The flight went with "6 crew" (plus the CSD I believe) and AAB came on board and strictly told the CSD that the full service had to be done!!!

...and then there's the CSD who reported two female crew for having a beer with dinner. One beer!! They were well within the limits...of couirse they were both sacked!

As long as this kind of crap goes on, the airline will never last.

Oh and Ayomide. the above are all from a reliable source. Just because you don't hear about these things does not mean they don't happen. As Bang says, we are glad you enjoyed your time, but we are posting facts as we see them. I am very happy where I am but still have many friends at QR who cannot leave for one reason or another. I feel for them. It is a forum to discuss and not start a slanging match.

Cheers

HR

ayomide
4th Jan 2004, 05:24
Go ahead, post facts as you see them, but have you ever heard of "referring to source"? Mentioning "a reliable source" isn't good enough when it comes to stating the facts.

It's not a slanging match, but I would say this is more a slanging match behalf of you against QR. How come I never experienced any of this at QR?!

No offense against your friends, but they have themselves to blame for signing any possible bond. Signing a bond, despite what kind of company or anything else it might be, means you have to face the consequences.

homesick rae
4th Jan 2004, 21:23
Well, put it this way, this person still works for QR and is about to leave as he has had enough! What do you mean "mentioning a reliable source isn't good enough." You are in the minority of people who states that nothing like this goes on at QR. Maybe you were one of the Snake's "special" friends.

Belive what you wish. I was there a long, long time and I witnessed some dreadful things. Fortunately I was "ok" but eventually one of those dreadful things happened and I left.

Oh and I do not need your permission to post on this forum thank you very much!

ayomide
5th Jan 2004, 05:10
If you want to state the facts and convince other people they are true, you need to refer your statements to certain sources such as a person's name, an article etc. Something you learn in school, at least that's where I learnt it.

Accusing me of being a special friend of the Snake?

I wasn't giving you permission to post on this forum, but some of your posts are very entertaining to read. Especially since you all stick together and cannot believe that there are actually people who enjoy QR!

homesick rae
5th Jan 2004, 07:03
Ayomide: you completely misunderstand. I had a great time at QR! If you have read my previous posts on QR you will find that out!

I never agreed with their management except in the days of Mark Turner who was a good Cabin Crew Manager who did his best...a bit before your time. Unfortunately his hands were tied, but at least he supported the crew, unlike BG and The Snake.

I have no intention of naming any sources, but suffice to say that I have many friends still at QR and I get updates, good and bad on a regular basis. And I am a source myself. Feel free to PM me, but I don't think anybody on here can convince you that these things go on. Your mind is already made up.

Look in the dictionary under confidentiality...that is what I am doing, keeping my friend's names out of this. Some of them, according to them, cannot post on here, but wish to have their views aired...so here they are.

A300 Man can vouch for anything I say that happened to me and indeed most of the things on this forum. Fact not fiction.

...and don't shoot the messenger by the way...

Of course I believe these things go on for two reasons: I have witnessed them and been victim myself! Plus, I tend to trust my friends...don't you?

ayomide
5th Jan 2004, 08:10
Don't shoot the messenger, isn't that what you did when you told me you don't need my permission to post on this forum?

A300Man, I don't know this man and would not define him as reliable source as to confirm any information given on this forum.

I don't expect you to give out any of your friend's names due to confidentiality, but I have no intention of taking the stand either since I find it very hard to believe all info that is being given on the internet, unless there is a reliable source refered to.

My mind is already made up because I never experienced any of this during my time with QR! I am also airing my views of QR and am truly sorry if this happened to you and your friends.

I tend to trust my friends and am not claiming your friends are lying. It is odd if this happen to certain people only since Bang claims my friend is one of 100 who is happy with QR and the rest are unhappy and miserable. However, I am in touch with many of my friends currently serving with QR and they cannot confirm anything of this is happening to them.

I never had any problems with BG, though I never tried to interfear with management unless necessary.

Apologies if any offense is taken.

homesick rae
5th Jan 2004, 18:27
Ah, there lies the problem: " I never tried to interfere with Management unless necessary." So, you admit to interfering with the Management? You also seem to be contradicting yourself a little.

I think Bang was just genaralising and didn't mean to rile you. What he is saying is that the majority of crew he speaks to are unhappy...same for me...some cannot leave right now for various reasons.

Quite frankly, I am not interested in what you believe. Once again I have been part of it, was there for a long time and have had my eyes opened. Things I have never seen in other airlines.

I don't know if you have previous flying experience and if you are totally au fait with FTLs etc, but there were/ are a lot of irregularities and "DCAM dispensations" regarding some of the flights when delays are incurred and crew complement.

It's quite simple, just ask Bernard on this one!

ayomide
5th Jan 2004, 19:44
Interfering was wrong word by me. I was in contact with management only when I resigned from the airline.

Not interested in what you believe, not very open minded are we? I thought that was essential when it came to be cabin crew that you had to care what other people thought.

What would those various reasons be? Surely that can't have anything to do with confidentiality as long as you leave names out.

homesick rae
5th Jan 2004, 20:23
Well, sorry to disappoint you, but I am writing on a forum, not working. Also, I no longer work as Cabin Crew, although still in the industry, but in a different capacity.

Reasons for people staying (and leaving) have been stated throughout any previous threads on QR. However, some have loans in Doha, some are earning better money than what they would in their country of origin. These are only two reasons.

Now, don't tell me you don't believe this too!!!?

In fact one of my friends who was a CS at QR is still in the country trying to pay off his loan. But of course this can't be true as there are no reliable sources!

Oh, and I am extremely open minded. To work in the Gulf you have to be. I worked there for 14 years and loved every moment!

I still visit regularly...

So, how long have you been in the industry then Ayomide? Are you still flying now? I ask this because some of your comments smack of inexperience, but if I am wrong then I apologise. And why did you leave QR again? If you loved it so much?

homesick rae
5th Jan 2004, 23:16
Oh, not another one on a "guess the identity"...It's funny, but I have had a PM recently from someone which I couldn't understand as they were talking about some things obviously not related to me. I left a bit before KW, but sorry, the initials are not even close, nor the nationality!

Best in the class? Bring the Snake an apple each day? Excellent. I am pleased for you. Means nothing...it's what you do on board and if you can still maintain the high standards that count.

Well I hope they let you rejoin...so you have it confirmed that you can join any other Gulf carrier do you?

Anyway, family are much more important than any job.

one ball
6th Jan 2004, 00:28
Hey, CAT FIGHT ! ! !

ROWWWWWRRRRRRR...! ! !

:ok: :ouch:

ayomide
6th Jan 2004, 06:29
And I have had PMs claiming otherwise.

Since you have been flying in the Middle East for 14 years and probably with other carriers elsewhere, you probably know that you learn the most important bits at classes! I was also promoted quickly, so I couldn't have been that inexperienced, could I?

Bring the Snake an apple each day? No, just did my best and apparently they liked that!

Yes, I have been confirmed I can rejoin any day. Also waiting to hear from a few other carriers in the Gulf.

Donkey Duke
6th Jan 2004, 07:09
Ayomide,

What type of aircraft do you wish to fly again at QR? Any choice? Which would you pick? Thank you.

homesick rae
6th Jan 2004, 18:13
Ayomide, and I am sure they are from reliable sources eh?

ayomide
6th Jan 2004, 18:15
Yes, very reliable resources.

homesick rae
6th Jan 2004, 18:35
Ha Ha...names? Ha Ha

ayomide
6th Jan 2004, 18:53
Sorry, can't give them out due to "confidentiality".

They say when you are most frightened, you try to laugh it away and convince others it's not true.

homesick rae
6th Jan 2004, 20:13
Well, I'll give you a clue: North West of Qatar, South East of UK. I am sure your "confidential reliable sources" will be able to help you. Oh and first initial A!

If you work that one out, I will be completely convinced that you were indeed top of the class!!!

Good luck in rejoining QR or indeed "any other Gulf Airline." If you get fed up over there, PM me, I might know someone that can assist you!

ayomide
6th Jan 2004, 20:34
Well, I still believe my resorces and you do sound very much alike KW. And why would you give out your initial on the internet?

As for luck, I don't need it, but thank you anyway for your consideration!

homesick rae
6th Jan 2004, 20:58
..oh and I thought you were smart! Not MY initial...think about it!

Luck? We all need luck in our lives at some point...

Something that puzzles me though, if you say you joined and left when you did, after both myself and KW's time, how would you know what people from that time sound like? All sounds a bit dubious to me...

Anyway, thanks for the fun...oh and send my regards to your reliable sources...

Once again good luck!

ayomide
6th Jan 2004, 23:14
As I said, I have my resources in Qatar.

And the initital would be the initial of?

A300Man
7th Jan 2004, 00:22
Hello All

That was a very interesting - and very long - exchange of views between Homesick and Ayomide.

However, there is a very clear train of thought going on there, and everyone is entitled to their opinions.

I can vouch for the 100% accuracy of the previous posts input by Homesick and Bang, even down to the very "precise" comments inferred about YB.

But, I have to come out and say one thing - and no offence is intended here - it's my personal viewpoint........

Ayomide - I cannot belive that you and your friends have been so sheltered and shielded from what really goes on at QR. To make statements like you did previously, claiming not to be aware of any of the wrong doings is a little bit beyond belief. You could not have been a member of the QR crew and fail to know of all the goings on in the company. It's a physical impossibility, and it's actually how the company and AAB thrive in a way - because of all the politics and (to use someone else's terminology) "brown-nosing" that exists. You have either been very naive or, as one of the previous posts suggests, didn't work at QR at all.

Anyway - I think subject now closed, or this will just go on for ever and ever, and there is too much of this about QR elsewhere on the forum.

Whatever your ambitions in life and if you wish to "return" to QR, I wish you the very best.

But, just take a little bit of notice if what Bang and Homesick have said, because what they have said is accurate. At least if you still decide to "return" to Doha, then you do so with the highest level of pre-information available to you.

Good luck,
A300Man

ayomide
7th Jan 2004, 04:51
A300Man, glad to see you enjoyed the reading.

I was cabin crew with QR for 14 months and still stand by my opinion that I never experienced any of this. It's not a physical impossibility not to be aware of what is going on at QR and I do feel sorry for those involved, but I cannot say I ever once felt mistreated by the management. I am not denying any of this, but ask yourself, would you be able to believe something if you never experienced nor knew about it yourself?

Bangkok Layover
7th Jan 2004, 19:29
A 300 man- I dont think so.
Ayomide - maybe!

ayomide
7th Jan 2004, 20:24
Now I'm being accused of being either AAB, BG or SK for writing what I experienced at QR?

I was cabin crew with them, that's all!

Jade
8th Jan 2004, 00:21
A300 man is spot on!

Ayomide
If ( and I stress the if) you were crew with QR, you must have been either asleep or blind! Its the only explanation as to why you were so unaware of what was going on around you.
I wish I had been so blissfully unaware as you during my time in Doha - but no such luck!

ayomide
8th Jan 2004, 00:49
Jade, maybe I was asleep and blind, but forgive me for "missing" everything at QR that is written on this forum.

I worked with QR and don't appreciate being accused of lying.

A300Man
8th Jan 2004, 00:52
Ayomide - if I am totally off mark and incorrect in my last statements, then I apologise. Was just expressing a true and honest opinion, which I still stand by. However, please accept my apologies if I was wrong. Perhaps PM me.

Based in Doha - I do not work for QR.

Bangkok Layover - thanks. (Do we maybe know each other......?)

fractional
8th Jan 2004, 05:42
Watch out guys.... AAB must have his network on the field. Names? We'll see. By the way, what's with Mohsen Tabibi? Does he come to this Forum? I wonder what flag he is waving now? He must be colour-blinded by now...
Rgds to all.
P.s. We r all nice guys (and girls if they share the Forum). Lets' keep our heads cool.............:sad: :mad: :ouch:

ayomide
8th Jan 2004, 08:53
I received a scholarship on an English course in my home country. That could explain my English.

gulf-crew
8th Jan 2004, 09:39
hey all

Unfortunately QR will never change until they get rid of the bouncer and SK. Great little airline could go very far, but doubt it with them running it.

Heard a Capt, FO (female) and a CSD got sacked recently also a british CSD got demoted back to CS after just getting promoted. Whats happening with JB heard she is leaving now thats a shock.

QR crap money, terrible puppet management will they not learn. Happy job hunting to all you guys leaving.

GC

Bangkok Layover
8th Jan 2004, 14:29
Based in Doha- Check your PM

A300 man - Check my profile.sure we knew each other!

Ayomide- in one of the posts you had written you ve been talking to a friend working at QR and got the feedback. Later you controdicted your statement and said you worked for QR. I see no consistancy in your posts.

My apologies if I read or understood your posts wrong.

ayomide
8th Jan 2004, 14:46
Then you must have missunderstood me. I don't work for QR any more, but am still in touch with some of my friends who still work there and give me feedback.

Bangkok Layover
8th Jan 2004, 14:58
Thanks for the quick response.

Ayomide,I must admit that your friends in Qatar give you the wrong picture of the ongoing situation and you obviously have been asleep during your time (if you were ever there).

ayomide
8th Jan 2004, 15:01
I wouldn't say they give me a wrong picture of what is going on there. I was there myself for 14 months, believe me or not, call me a liar if you wish, it doesn't affect me.

Check with the HR if you don't believe me. I've got nothing to hide.

Bang
8th Jan 2004, 23:37
ayomide, are you not alone in this case mate?
you obviously have got the wrong information!belive me!
and you must have been a very optimistic employee of QR.shame you resigned. AAB need people like you here. :confused: :{

A300Man
8th Jan 2004, 23:50
How many crew does QR have in total now anyway?

ayomide
9th Jan 2004, 00:07
I think I was optimistic. It's not easy to get a job nowadays and I needed it bad.

A300Man, looking forward to reading your reply on PM.