PDA

View Full Version : Coventry and Blackpool pay

boroatco
23rd Nov 2003, 05:23
Heard a rumour from more than one source recently that Blackpool are offering £50k and coventry £52k for radar rated ATCO's.

Anyone know if this is true? and is it because of a qualified/experienced ATCO shortage??

Not looking for a job by the way. just interested how the non NATS pay scales are shaping up throughout the country

aluminium persuader
23rd Nov 2003, 18:09
hmmm... wery interestink, Meester Bond. Per'aps Vest Mitlands could also try offerink yob sekurity...?

:cool:

dada
23rd Nov 2003, 18:28
blackpool used to be a bit of a nothing until recently when things have certainly started to look up, perhaps hence the pay offer to keep qualified staff. bring back john ki***urn

Spitoon
24th Nov 2003, 01:20
dada, is JK jnr still around??

Gypsy Queen
24th Nov 2003, 15:21
I'd heard that Coventry's latest recruitement drive had a starting price of £45k:p

niknak
24th Nov 2003, 23:06
I'd also heard that the pay at NH was well up the scale by comparison, they never seem to have any problems getting staff, the general area is a good place to live, certainly not a place for the faint hearted or inexperienced, and the last time I heard, it was a relatively happy ATC ship.

On the other hand, why anyone would want to go to BE defeats me - as grand a bunch as the ATC staff may be - the airport seems to be run on the basis of permanant crisis management, I wouldn't apply for twice the NATS 3 payscale.