PDA

View Full Version : Assessment Preparation

PGM
21st Nov 2003, 05:02
Can anyone who has recently taken the first stage tests, remember if the numeracy is multiple choice, I would really appreciate any guidance. Also if you could point me in the direction of any online tests I would appreciate it. I have read through most of the subject areas and followed the links on the NATS sight. Time limits for the different abilities would be useful too, just to help get upto speed. Am presently waiting patiently for tests that have been put off once, probably January now!
Cheers

tigtog
25th Nov 2003, 00:23
Pgm,

I did the tests about three years ago now but I think they are still the same.

The numeracy is multiple choice, as for the timings, each test varies and they are somewhere in the region of about 10-20 mins each.

As far as prep is concerned (apart from the interest paper which , if you read the study pack, will be a breeze) , unfortunately, you can't really practice or prepare. You will either be able to do them or you won't! It just depends on your ability to do what is being asked.

The computer tests are just a more advanced idea of the spacila awareness and information assement written tests.

Hope this helps and you get a test date soon.

PGM
25th Nov 2003, 00:46
Cheers Tig Tog, I'm working on my numeracy, but feel multiple choice will be quicker to work through, as it is often the case only partial working s are required to get the answers. I take it you validated then?

VectorLine
27th Nov 2003, 01:47
PGM

Have a look at this site (http://freespace.virgin.net/at.co/home.htm) There might be some stuff that you find useful.

tigtog
27th Nov 2003, 18:09
pgm,

Yes I validated over a year ago now.

Be patient with HR, despite all the hassle it will be worth it if you get into the college.

Plus, if you past the first round of written tests you will find that the interviews etc ( ie stage 2) are arranged very quickly, so just hang in there mate !!

PGM
27th Nov 2003, 19:53
Cheers Vectorline, have had a look at that already, it's very useful.