PDA

View Full Version : airport worker?

wbryce
18th Nov 2003, 20:48
Im looking for a job to work in an airport, i want to work airside of aircrafts, so anything like ramp agent, cargo handler, anything along these lines (what other jobs is there thats airside on aircrafts?).

Take note i also have funding for my frozen atpl, but i wish to learn a bit more about the trade and i believe working on the ramp of the aircraft will benefit me in the job in the future!

This would also help my cv too wouldn't it? as it will give myself experiance on how things work on the ground too and most likley help me to rectify any problems that does occur quickly.

FougaMagister
18th Nov 2003, 21:44
You might want to try flight dispatcher with the likes of Groundstar, Servisair/Globe Ground or Aviance; that would give you good knowledge of a/c performance, mass & balance and flight planning, plus an overview of turn-around duties. Try their websites - I'm not sure however that they would take on someone without experience, unless you have some sort of scientific/maths background. I got offered such jobs earlier this year but I have a frozen ATPL (didn't take up the offers 'cuz it was 20hrs/week and temporary so the money was no good).
Hope that helps.

Cheers

P.S.: you should post on the ground ops/dispatch forum for more info.

Epic_mg
29th Nov 2003, 10:46
wbryce, your main aim should be to earn as much money as you can to fund you flight training. Working in ground services can pay
quite poorly. Ok, you maybe learning weight and balance but will this bring you closer to your CPL/IR. Remember the more you earn the faster you can earn those stripes.