PDA

View Full Version : Legalities of publishing flight plans

weegsltl
12th Nov 2003, 04:44
Hello,

Firstly I apologise if this is the wrong section and if it is can a moderater please move it, as I couldn't find a really relevent section, - tks.

Anyway I will explain my question a little more :)

I have a lot of friends who enjoy simulating the work of airline pilots using Flight Sim, Ps1.3, etc (yes heard the groan ;)). However they like to fly very realistically even down to the real world flight plan, especially when crossing the Atlantic been able to use the current NAT's, or having to accept a re-routing round due to ATC strikes in France, etc.

I am in the fortunate position of been able to get the flight plans as filed by the airlines and pass this routeing information onto my friends.

However my question is - by passing these routeings onto my friends am I breaking the law? Also if I were to post these routeings on the web would I be breaking any laws? I was once told that as long as I remove the REG SEL and DOF from any plans that the airlines don't mind.

I know there is a website in the US that actually posts the flight plans filed by any airline which is departing from/arriving in/or domestic in the Us. However not sure if Uk law contradicts this..?

So basically I would like a bit of clarification on the whole process of passing flight plans onto other parties.

Thanks