PDA

View Full Version : Renewal of medical certificate

Mr Wolfie
10th Nov 2003, 03:35
Unable to find the answer on the CAA website medical pages so I would be grateful if someone could give me a pointer.

If I get my medical renewed a couple of months prior to expiry will the new one be dated from the original date of expiry or from the date of examination?

I would be prefer to be organised and get it out of the way in good time - but not if it means shortening the effective period of validity each time.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Mr.W

[Edited to say]

Ah.. Just to answer my own question I've found the answer tucked away in JAR FCL3. Renewals taken within 45 days of expiry of old certificate are dated from the date of expiry and not date of exam.

I feel better for knowing that.:D

skydriller
11th Nov 2003, 00:03
And talking of Medicals.....

Has anyone got a JAA medical in another JAA state approved by the CAA in the UK yet????:}

I am going to try to get a JAA medical here in France approved for use with my CAA issued JAA PPL next year:\

Just wondering if there is a precedent......;)

Regards, SD.

Aerobatic Flyer
11th Nov 2003, 00:31
skydriller

Don't know the answer to your question, but I have just renewed my medical with a CAA-registered doctor in Paris. Apart from the cost, I can thoroughly recommend it. The doctor is a star - kept me laughing all the way through the examination.

There's a thread on the French Forum which has contact details.